Is getting an MX 5 a good idea for first car. (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
It's definitely not a daily driver.

A more comfortable daily driver would be a Mazda 3 or Corolla or Impreza, etc.
Id say it can be both a track car and a daily driver.

That's what makes it special and one of a kind

astroman

HSC
there is a teacher at my school who has worked there since and he drives a 2001 stick mx5 daily,

turntaker

HSC
there is a teacher at my school who has worked there since and he drives a 2001 stick mx5 daily,
Yeah id say it should be fine. Its not like I'm gonna keep it for the rest of my life. Probably until I finish uni. And then I'll get something else.

turntaker

HSC
If I pass my Ps on auto can I re pass it on manual while still on my Ps.. Cause I don't have access to an auto car

astroman

HSC
If I pass my Ps on auto can I re pass it on manual while still on my Ps.. Cause I don't have access to an auto car
yes but its a hassle, i remember spending so much time trying to book my test considering no spots are available, i highly suggest you do it on a manual whether its a friends car or an instructors car, just get your p's on manual otherwise you have to wait for your green's or do the test again which will cost double the money and be a pain.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Id say it can be both a track car and a daily driver.

That's what makes it special and one of a kind
I would still disagree. It isn't either. It's a weekend roadster that can be used for a bit of fun.

astroman

HSC
its a road car, u can use it for everything, daily, drift, drag, , project mods everything

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
its a road car, u can use it for everything, daily, drift, drag, , project mods everything
Not sure if srs...

If you've driven one you'll quickly realise that you won't be able to get it sideways (on wet grass doesn't count). As for drag, you'll still get beat by your mum at the lights.

astroman

HSC
Not sure if srs...

If you've driven one you'll quickly realise that you won't be able to get it sideways (on wet grass doesn't count). As for drag, you'll still get beat by your mum at the lights.
not with a maad engine swap

turntaker

HSC
And go to the effort of getting it engineered and legal? Not worth it for a 5k car.
No its not worth it. But your first car doesn't need to be fast. I'd rather sacrifice some comfort over an exciting fun to drive car which is also not dangerously fast for a first car.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
No its not worth it. But your first car doesn't need to be fast. I'd rather sacrifice some comfort over an exciting fun to drive car which is also not dangerously fast for a first car.
If you did want a fairly quick little sports car though, turbo MX5 is a great way to go.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Meh, get an SA22C instead...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)