macleay college (1 Viewer)

stevensegull

HSC
does anybody know anything about this place? why the hell do they charge so much. they claim really high employment statistics for their graduates but i see no evidence of their claims (beyond what they allege) thenselves. whats the scoop?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
if it's for profit, it's generally not good.

Sarahjb304

HSC
My cousin goes to the Sydney Macleay, she loves it! I didn't really understand at first but she said the education is 'industry-led' - whatever that means?! But basically she said that she gets taught by actual experts in the industry who then set her up with internships and everything, so she reckons she'll be sweet when looking for a job afterwards as she's got 'one up' (in her words) over other grads - already having the connections and experience working in her industry. She's doing business entrepreneurship I think. I don't know about the fees, she said they were expensive but worth it as her degree only takes 2 years so she reckons she saves on the expenses of having to do a third year. Don't know if that helps?

vicgou1098

HSC
I spoke with a graduate today, she did her work experience but that did not land her a job, really not sure if thats a sales pitch? Just think about the numbers doing these courses the positions vacant are limited so is that work experience really worth it? I have been searching for past students to answer questions but they don't seem to b many about to share either positive or negative reviews.I managed to find a person today it was a random thing but I managed to ask some questions. This person has taken a role which has nothing to do with the course studied Business/ Sport (but the business is sport orientated) to get a foot in the door, they are applying for jobs within the workplace trying to get into a the field that was studied, perhaps having studied at Macleay helped get that job perhaps not, this is a job that requires nothing past the HSC to do. I also spoke with another person as I was researching today about whether its worthwhile paying all this money for a Diploma in Business/ Sports Management she advised her own son to steer away from going into the area of study as getting a job was difficult, there just are not that many jobs going in this field. I suggest for anyone considering Macleay or any other private college or uni to research as best you can gather whatever information you can get then make your decision. It is your future so know if you are creating a big debt for yourself make sure that it is going to be worthwhile.

FookYu

HSC
The last two replies to this thread are written by fake profiles paid for by Macleay to promote their scam of a "college". It's not even a proper degree. If all the people who realised how f**ked up this place was left replies here, this entire message board would crash. Do yourself a favour and go to a proper university and not a fake scam "college" that is only aimed at the the really rich and/or the really dumb. It's a horrible place and you will get a nicer environment and a better learning experience at an actual university that doesn't charge you ridiculous money to get "real world experience" that just ends up being sitting around with a bunch of students who spend their time on Facebooking and on Snapchat. Macleay will lie and say how great they are and there's nothing better, but if you have an ATAR of 80 or above this place will do your head in as you'll spend it mostly with airheads who couldn't even get into a normal uni and who are buying their "degree." Some people in my class feel really ripped off because they accepted offers with Macleay before the 1st round offers had even been announced and if they'd just waited they would be in at an actual uni in their chosen course. Don't make the same mistake.

Last edited:

FookYu

HSC
I wouldn't mind 800k a year to hide in an office, promote bullying and stick up for sexual predators. Where do I apply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)