Should i continue with extension 2? (1 Viewer)

Panda4321

HSC
HI, right now i am not sure if i should drop extension 2 math because i have an average of 57% and class rank of 6/7. i didn't even try for my advanced and i still have an average of 90%. This all is before the trials.
SO is extension 2 worth keeping right now. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!:uhoh:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
well... are you trying in extension 2? do you enjoy extension 2?

Panda4321

HSC
yeah! i love maths and i am trying hard in extension 2 but i need a good atar to get into the uni course that i want

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Just put your head down and concentrate on improving your performance in your MX2, rather than wasting your time and energy, mulling: "to continue or not to continue?". Too late to be thinking of dropping now. If necessary, get a 1-on-1 help for a month or 2. Make sure you get a very good tutor who knows his/her stuff, to guide you.

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Extension 2 mathematics is almost always advantageous to engineering based courses, as they typically assume students can do Extension 1. The better path would be to keep it and just keep working hard for it.

Of course, you're gonna have to pick a path to go by the trials, since you can't drop afterwards.

Thing is, seeing as you have said that dropping is an option, am I correct to assume you sat for 2U assessment tasks as well as X2?

Edit: If X2 isn't damaging your X1 mark, you should be alright as well

Panda4321

HSC
yup i have sat for all the 2U assessments before the trails. But if i keep doing extension 2 wouldn't it bring my atar down as right now i am only getting 57%?

leehuan

HSC
Naturally I'll assume you have the units to drop.

How are your Ext 1 marks coming along?

And, it's actually ironic because, the fact that you've sat in Ext 2 for so long means that you've picked up a ton of the topics they do anyway.

Personally, I would agree with the community and keep it. But if you think that you really are going to be hanging at the low E2 range even at point of trials and/or HSC, then you may have to ask an expert for more advice. There is a balance between achieving the desired ATAR for the course (make sure you include bonus points where possible!) and having a good amount of knowledge.

The fact that you do Ext 1 means you will definitely have the bare minimum in terms of maths.

Panda4321

HSC
Thank you, this has really helped. According to my teacher after he analysed results from his previous students, he says there is high possibility of me scoring a mark that should scale up to somewhere in the E3 range so i guess i should continue it and for my extension 1 i currently have a rank of 10/30 with 75% which i personally believe atleast up to 82% after the trials.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)