Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
No no, it's a very smart and sensible approach. I just thought that English being your strength, you would keep that and drop Maths Extension. It's cool, i get where you're coming from
LOL I'm not doing TERRIBLY BAD in Maths AND Maths Extension 1 that I need to even consider dropping :) Even though in my mind, maths is not my "strong point", I'm still coming top 15 in Mathematics Extension 1. But my personal goal is to further get closer to that 50 mark in the HSC external and try maintain an above 80% internal mark.

Likewise, if you want to compare my marks, although I'm ranking very well in English Extension 1, my assessment mark is not as strong as my Maths Extension 1 assessment mark. Likewise, I put a lot more effort and care into my maths, then English Extension 1 :D I can write an essay up and get a decent mark (just to survive in Preliminaries and test out how I should write), but I definitely put much more effort into practising past papers for maths! So! Thats how I concluded my decision :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
That's excellent, my teacher also uses MIF at school for 2 & 3U, at home I help myself to textbooks such as Excel and Cambridge
I hate MIF. Homework is a breeze, but god, those exams must have been written by some butthurt Maths teacher LOL.
I'm having a hard time juggling Business Studies Accelerated and trying to keep up in English Extension 1 (so many bloody essays and texts), I can't wait until I don't have to worry about those two subjects, and can finally routinely just practise Cambridge on the side, ESPECIALLY for 3U.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
LOL I'm not doing TERRIBLY BAD in Maths AND Maths Extension 1 that I need to even consider dropping :) Even though in my mind, maths is not my "strong point", I'm still coming top 15 in Mathematics Extension 1. But my personal goal is to further get closer to that 50 mark in the HSC external and try maintain an above 80% internal mark.

Likewise, if you want to compare my marks, although I'm ranking very well in English Extension 1, my assessment mark is not as strong as my Maths Extension 1 assessment mark. Likewise, I put a lot more effort and care into my maths, then English Extension 1 :D I can write an essay up and get a decent mark (just to survive in Preliminaries and test out how I should write), but I definitely put much more effort into practising past papers for maths! So! Thats how I concluded my decision :)
As a maths person, I wholeheartedly agree :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
As a maths person, I wholeheartedly agree :)
LOL I honestly, use to despise maths, mainly because I was bad at it, like desperately bad, doing 5.3 in Year 9/10 was a pain because I would get 70% for most, if not, every exam. I'm happy I picked up Maths. Although I use to love love English, Maths makes so much more sense (credit to my absolutely amazing Maths teacher) and its so straight forward - practise, expose yourself to harder and different questions and you're on your way.

I heard you will be doing 4U! So good luck on that :D

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I hate MIF. Homework is a breeze, but god, those exams must have been written by some butthurt Maths teacher LOL.
I'm having a hard time juggling Business Studies Accelerated and trying to keep up in English Extension 1 (so many bloody essays and texts), I can't wait until I don't have to worry about those two subjects, and can finally routinely just practise Cambridge on the side, ESPECIALLY for 3U.
Hey I'll tell you something (I hope my maths teacher doesn't use BOS). When my maths teacher sets assessments tasks or exams in general, she uses the syllabus questions as examples throughout, but you know what she does? She changes the numbers around, so next time I have a maths assessment task, I'm going straight to the syllabus and writing the example questions down hahahaha.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
LOL I honestly, use to despise maths, mainly because I was bad at it, like desperately bad, doing 5.3 in Year 9/10 was a pain because I would get 70% for most, if not, every exam. I'm happy I picked up Maths. Although I use to love love English, Maths makes so much more sense (credit to my absolutely amazing Maths teacher) and its so straight forward - practise, expose yourself to harder and different questions and you're on your way.

I heard you will be doing 4U! So good luck on that :D
Yep, the objectiveness of maths is beautiful.
Oh thanks, and good luck with your maths. If you ever need help with hw or stuff, I will gladly help :)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Hey I'll tell you something (I hope my maths teacher doesn't use BOS). When my maths teacher sets assessments tasks or exams in general, she uses the syllabus questions as examples throughout, but you know what she does? She changes the numbers around, so next time I have a maths assessment task, I'm going straight to the syllabus and writing the example questions down hahahaha.
Speed....I am your maths teacher

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Thats pretty smart...My teacher wrote the half yearly exam for Extension 1, she also gave us HSC practice questions. On the exam day, I saw the same format of the HSC questions in there and then I died a little. But I made it out with a 75%, I barely survived LOL

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
75% is pretty damn good for preliminary MX1

HSC
Hey , for you guys that do 4U, have you tried the excel book (by Patel)

Even though excel is not great in terms of hsc books in general, it's pretty good for simplicity . Whenever I find a topic hard a look at it for the basics and it does a pretty good job at explaining, though it lacks those q16 type problems.

Borrow it from a library or smth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao, I do questions from Patel's Excel when I'm using the restroom. It's good, but I usually use Terry Lee, it's so dam colourful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)