Working gap year (1 Viewer)

thisisliam

HSC
Hi all, please if you are a uni student read this, i will love you forever.

I am currently in my final year of high school and am thinking about applying for the schools recommendation scheme when it is open. I do however, want to take a year or possibly a bit longer working full time and being promoted to an inventory manager at my current work, woolworths. I have been told I have the skill, it is good money for a 18yo and I in the end want to actually go on to be a graduate at woolworths once I complete tertiary study. I would like to cash up a bit, maybe travel overseas for a couple of months at somepoint and having the experience of this role would have a positive effect on my longterm goal.

The only thing I am unsure about is if I receive an early offer or even a semester one offer to uni, can I put it off for a year? I have heard in some unis you can but you get charged a fee for being enrolled, which is fine by me. But how long can you do this for before they say, this guy isnt going to study. The thing about not taking an offer at my first opportunity is that for all I know, the next groups year 12 could be a better HSC group and may make my chance of getting in later on harder.

So if anyone can please answer my question, I would appreciate it. I am looking at MQ Business, UWScollege fasttrack to business managment or UTS business. Thanks everyone.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You can defer for a year once you receive your offers.

HSC
N/A
You can always re-apply to uni when you're ready. They take work experience in consideration and if it's relevant to the career you want, you might be able to get recognition for prior learning.

Business is a really good area to go into. I'd say defer it for a year, but don't worry about it too much. The next groups year 12 could be a better HSC group, it could be worse. It really doesn't matter. You don't know if that's what you'll still want to do a few years down the track.

Also, I wouldn't recommend fast track for anything. You can probably keep up with the work load but it all just goes over your head, like trying to cram for an exam, and if you're working you might not to keep up with uni too.

natnat1995

HSC
You can defer for a year with your university and also you can always reapply if you like (plus there's option of going as a mature age student at 21). So you've got plenty of options. It's so much easier to get into uni than school makes out, they may even take work experience into consideration

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)