• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it worth studying 7 years at UTS to become a teacher? (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Basically at UTS if you don't make it to B of Arts B of Education (not getting a minimum of 3 Band 5's including English), there is an alternate pathway and you can take the course B of Arts in Educational studies which is a 3 year course, after that is done you take the course B of Arts B of Education which is 4 years, so that's a total of 7 years, is it worth it?

Drsoccerball

HSC
Basically at UTS if you don't make it to B of Arts B of Education (not getting a minimum of 3 Band 5's including English), there is an alternate pathway and you can take the course B of Arts in Educational studies which is a 3 year course, after that is done you take the course B of Arts B of Education which is 4 years, so that's a total of 7 years, is it worth it?
Extra 3 years doesn't sound very appealing to me... Also when handing in your resume it may ask for atar marks and they compare it to someone who actually got the requirements and they would in their eyes be more suited for the job.

Flop21

HSC
Why can't you get those band 5s? I think you could (even though I don't know you lol, but still).

Also, can't you just do the alternate degree for a year then transfer into the course you originally wanted to do?

7 years does not sounds worth it IMO.

StudyToDeath

HSC
I don't think you've researched this very well.
You can do bridging course OR pass an entire year of a double degree

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Why can't you get those band 5s? I think you could (even though I don't know you lol, but still).

Also, can't you just do the alternate degree for a year then transfer into the course you originally wanted to do?

7 years does not sounds worth it IMO.
Thanks for the motivation lol, I've just been having bad thoughts and I really shouldn't be worrying about universities right now because the HSC is just a month away. It's weird because I'm more stressed about the courses I want to do rather than stressing about the HSC.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I suppose it depends on how much you want to be a teacher.

si2136

HSC
N/A
We can't make a decision for you, but IMO, it wouldn't be worth 7 years to just study to become a teacher, but people do study for 6 years to become a doctor, so up to you.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd rather study 7 years to become a teacher, then study 7 years to become a Doctor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)