General thoughts: HSC chemistry 2015 (2 Viewers)

Anousha

HSC
what would you think about the people writing about americium. I dont see it having any application in an industry and only the home
I was confused with what you meant for some reason, but if you think about it smoke detectors are quite versatile devices that can really be used any where, especially in the industry where people are dealing with flammable substances

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
I was confused with what you meant for some reason, but if you think about it smoke detectors are quite versatile devices that can really be used any where, especially in the industry where people are dealing with flammable substances
yeah i think i was overthinking it maybe, i thought there were trying to hint towards using strontium, which i used lol. hopefully they allow your americium

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Sodium 24 anyone? Idk such a easy one to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillKyriakos

HSC
You would have to write the specific applications of it, and why it is useful for those applications based on its properties
Sorry, I just re-read what I typed the first time. Yes, I linked applications and properties.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Guys, for the graphing ozone question, does it matter which axis I put time/dobson units?

kawaiipotato

HSC
I think it would. The horizontal axis is for the independent variable and the vertical axis is for the dependent variable. Iirc, the thing that we changed was the time so that would be on the horizontal.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I think it would. The horizontal axis is for the independent variable and the vertical axis is for the dependent variable. Iirc, the thing that we changed was the time so that would be on the horizontal.
Phew, I had time on the x-axis :D

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I made that many stupid mistakes in this exam. Wasn't switched on at all.
Bro I didn't even realise the acetate and sodium hydroxide question was a buffer at all. When I first looked at the question I was like the answer can't be as simple as the "pH increases", even though I put that I had no clue it was a buffer haha.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Bro I didn't even realise the acetate and sodium hydroxide question was a buffer at all. When I first looked at the question I was like the answer can't be as simple as the "pH increases", even though I put that I had no clue it was a buffer haha.
lmao same, i was thinking for a while if this was a trick question. We get 0/3 aye?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
lmao same, i was thinking for a while if this was a trick question. We get 0/3 aye?
Precisely :D

But on a more positive note, the test was pretty good and hopefully everyone will get the best of marks.

Thunderstorm

HSC
Same with me man. Throw in forgetting rust equations, button cell equations, sulfate percentage, titration question. It wasn't pretty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)