HSC 2015-2016 Business Studies Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroman

HSC
Re: 2015 Business Studies Marathon

how do u get those answers? Sorry for my stupidity.

aanthnnyyy

HSC
2015 Business Studies Marathon

Refer to @Crisium post earlier! - ie end of feb = opening march

And for 2) just continue the pattern of the new opening balance + $in -$out

- please correct me if I'm wrong (i suppose there are solutions)

Flop21

HSC

My bad, didn't read Q properly, missed the part where it said he starts out with 5k cash.

Flop21

HSC

Describe task design as an operations process (2 marks).

Flop21

HSC

I still dont get it...
What part, you go from $5000 (original starting cash) then make your way down the months to the requested month (start of march), taking away/minus cash outflows and adding/plus-ing cash inflows.

aanthnnyyy

HSC
2015 Business Studies Marathon

Describe task design as an operations process (2 marks).
Task design refers to how a task will be completed. Each task is individually selected to be broken down into steps and allocated with machinery and labour throughout the transformation process. It also requires the constant analysis and adjustment of this process to ensure continuous improvement of the businesses productivity

Q. Describe the financial management strategies used to control working capital (3 marks)

Flop21

HSC

Would mentioning ISIS in a case study be bad?? I wanted to talk about it in regards to bad publicity / marketing.

Flop21

HSC

They're not a business.
lol yes I understand that

I meant is mentioning them, and them using a brand's products = bad publicity etc., is okay or not? Or should I just say "terrorist groups", or not say anything on the topic at all?

ambroabner

HSC

The financial management strategies used to control working capital include sale and lease back. By selling off non current assets of the business and leasing it back for fixed payment over a number of periods, this will provide a cash injection to pay for current liabilities, improving upon the business' liquidity/ working capital.

Q: Discuss ONE dispute resolution method a business could use to resolve workplace conflict. (4m)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

isn't the opening cash balance for March $10,000 because the opening balance is equivalent to the closing balance of the previous month.
I did put 10000 ...

That final equal sign is for the March closing balance

Flop21

HSC

The financial management strategies used to control working capital include sale and lease back. By selling off non current assets of the business and leasing it back for fixed payment over a number of periods, this will provide a cash injection to pay for current liabilities, improving upon the business' liquidity/ working capital.

Q: Discuss ONE dispute resolution method a business could use to resolve workplace conflict. (4m)
One dispute resolution to resolve workplace conflict is mediation. Mediation involves both parties discussing the issues in the presence of a third party mediator. Each party is able to voice their issues, their responses and possible solutions with the mediator ensuring both parties' discussion is relevant. The mediator may even be able to suggest their own solutions. The mediator is a neutral third party, which ensures that the parties are confortable discussing the issues and know that they will not be bias in any way and enables the mediator to make objective judgements and suggestions that will benefit both parties. Both parties usually will come out of mediation feeling satisfied if a solution has been compromised. However, mediation will only work if both parties are able to talk with one another and be willing to come to a compromise. The mediator will also cost the business.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Would mentioning ISIS in a case study be bad?? I wanted to talk about it in regards to bad publicity / marketing.
I'd probably just say a terrorist group, It's not worth the chance of getting flagged.

Flop21

HSC

Differentiate between legal compliance and having ethical business practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)