• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuuya

HSC
lol it can definitely happen more than once and bad luck doesn't make sense interms of studies lol everyone should have a fair go :p
I guess having a system that accounts for bad luck would be really hard to achieve

leehuan

HSC
lol it can definitely happen more than once and bad luck doesn't make sense interms of studies lol everyone should have a fair go :p
If it happens more than once I really doubt it's bad luck it's either the sick case or fake to me :p

They try to give everyone a fair go. But obviously every education system is flawed in some way or another. Personally though, I reckon the HSC minimised a fair lot of it's flaws

leehuan

HSC
Yeah but best to go get a medical certificate.
Oops, my bad, I meant fill in the appeal WITH the medical certificate.

Because those that don't need it are the ones that are typically excuseable

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
" For instance, one study has found that iodine deficiency causes a fall, in average, of 12 IQ points in China. "
Stuff like this freaks me out for when I would have kids lol

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Bah I'm terrible at geometry. Like it's literally where I'm losing majority of marks lelelel

tips n tricks pls leehuan

leehuan

HSC
Bah I'm terrible at geometry. Like it's literally where I'm losing majority of marks lelelel

tips n tricks pls leehuan
I learnt geometry by remembering what they 'LOOK LIKE'.

E.g. Alternate angles are Z angles
E.g. Vertically opposite are no sht

Angle sum is a simple formula

But the hard part is similarity. Congruency is easy just remember the 4 acronyms.

Similarity - Watch out for two angles first. But if you can never find two angles, then most likely some sides are in proportion.
VERY RARELY, do they ask you to prove similarity by showing all 3 sides are in proportion. Usually it's two sides in proportion and included angle equal

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I learnt geometry by remembering what they 'LOOK LIKE'.

E.g. Alternate angles are Z angles
E.g. Vertically opposite are no sht

Angle sum is a simple formula

But the hard part is similarity. Congruency is easy just remember the 4 acronyms.

Similarity - Watch out for two angles first. But if you can never find two angles, then most likely some sides are in proportion.
VERY RARELY, do they ask you to prove similarity by showing all 3 sides are in proportion. Usually it's two sides in proportion and included angle equal
Alright thanks, I think imma do the Geometry chapter in Fitzpatrick to try and be good lol
Else, I might redo the cambridge chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)