• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Feeeelss Motorcycle Diaries which I had to do for AOS is one of my least favourite books of all time now.
I'm sorry :( I didn't hate Go Back per se, it was just my third time watching it and I find it particularly tear-jerking and generally unpleasant haha

Module C they gave us Why Weren't We Told. Most painful read of my life ever

The Tempest was amazing
I've yet to have the pleasure of reading The Tempest but it's on my list! We did Gatsby for Mod C which was already one of my all time faves :D

leehuan

HSC
I'm sorry :( I didn't hate Go Back per se, it was just my third time watching it and I find it particularly tear-jerking and generally unpleasant haha

I've yet to have the pleasure of reading The Tempest but it's on my list! We did Gatsby for Mod C which was already one of my all time faves :D
Seriously it was the best read ever in English. And I was actually good at paper 1.

When I found out they were throwing out paper 1 I was like omfg I'm glad English is over for me

leehuan

HSC
Please teach me how to enjoy The Tempest
What's there to NOT enjoy about it?

For starters you actually have a sprite character there causing all sorts of fun. (It's just ironic how his name happens to be Ariel.) Then it's not actually a Shakespearean tragedy rather a comedy so it's easier to get fun out of it. I find the insolence of some of the characters quite hilarious tbh. Also Trinculo and Stefano (not sure if Stephano anymore) are lunatics in my opinion.

And then the plot is interesting because Prospero is like **** you my enemies but then he makes his own "discoveries". So easy to relate everything to the rubric.

Whilst its context is pretty cliche, the fact that the plot was mostly on a "huge deserted" island really makes the context appear as more effective too

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
What is BoS' general opinion towards Shakespeare? I've studied Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth and Hamlet.

R+J is nice to read but it's just annoying bc they all die and they're so stooopid

Macbeth I really enjoyed

Hamey is bae and I kept my school's copy (with permission dw lol) and want to reread it and it makes me want to read more of his stuff outside of school

Shuuya

HSC
What is BoS' general opinion towards Shakespeare? I've studied Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth and Hamlet.

R+J is nice to read but it's just annoying bc they all die and they're so stooopid

Macbeth I really enjoyed

Hamey is bae and I kept my school's copy (with permission dw lol) and want to reread it and it makes me want to read more of his stuff outside of school
I think my favourite is Othello, but generally Shakespeare hasn't been that appealing to me :p

leehuan

HSC

Macbeth I really enjoyed

Meh

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
King Richard III is by far the best shakespeare i've studied. I personally find the "tragedy" quite compelling and some aspects are actually quite relatable

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Macbeth I really enjoyed

I have a soft spot for Midsummer's Nights Dream as it was the first play of Shakespeare that we studied in high school English.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
King Richard III is by far the best shakespeare i've studied. I personally find the "tragedy" quite compelling and some aspects are actually quite relatable
Doing the same text! A horse, A horse, my kingdom for a horse!

Very nice play.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
History extension is coming together

Napoleon is bae

leehuan

HSC
I have a soft spot for Midsummer's Nights Dream as it was the first play of Shakespeare that we studied in high school English.
I somewhat share that feeling. Maybe a weaker 'soft spot' though

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Is it bad that I find Hamlet (the character) extremely relatable? :spin:
An uncle killed your dad and married your mother.
You disapprove of such because there is usurpation within the family tree
You like to talk to yourself, especially screaming out your feelings in conveniently isolated situations.
You have 99 problems and a moral dilemma is especially one.
Possibly suicidal.

do u have an oedipal complex
I personally don't think Hamlet had a Oedipus complex TBH? Like his dilemma was also derived from the fact that he felt betrayed by his mother and how he based his opinions of women on her, but I never got the sense that he wanted to fuck her LOL

leehuan

HSC
I personally don't think Hamlet had a Oedipus complex TBH? Like his dilemma was also derived from the fact that he felt betrayed by his mother and how he based his opinions of women on her, but I never got the sense that he wanted to fuck her LOL
Wow why am I friends with you couldn't put it more normally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)