• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Honestly imo AOS is the stupidest shit ever, trying to warp and twist a text to a particular idea (discovery, journey or fkn who cares) and then try to fit another completely random text to the same shit and then expect to be able to compare and contrast it. AUGHHHH

I'm sorry English triggers me.
I LOVE the modules. Cept AOS. RIP

meDAawesome

HSC
MOD A: 1984+Metropolis fuck yes
MOD B: TS Eliot pretty shit, basically a depressed old man whining about the world
MOD C: King Henry IV ehh haven't studied it yet but people and politics sounds fun

meDAawesome

HSC
Sometimes I feel like with English that one day your teacher will tell you your essay is 10/10 band 6 response, the next day they'll be like wtf is this shit go start again.

Shuuya

HSC
SAID ME. I have suffered through Hamlet enough. The concepts are so easy. But writing about it, holy fuck. I have written each paragraph 3 times and have had them rejected. Fuck.
I had to write my discovery essay three times before it was approved, so done with Discovery.

And this was with three different related texts ughh

Bestintheworld

HSC
Sometimes I feel like with English that one day your teacher will tell you your essay is 10/10 band 6 response, the next day they'll be like wtf is this shit go start again.
I have legit experienced this. My teachers have no idea how to mark lol. My English advanced teacher gave me feedbacks on my creative writing and said it was good but it was marked by a STANDARD teacher and I got a shitty mark therefore my rank is still suffering in English :(

Shuuya

HSC
My teacher never gives anyone an A for a practice essay, it's always a low/high B

So I can't even tell if I've improved or not haha

meDAawesome

HSC
I have legit experienced this. My teachers have no idea how to mark lol. My English advanced teacher gave me feedbacks on my creative writing and said it was good but it was marked by a STANDARD teacher and I got a shitty mark therefore my rank is still suffering in English :(
The fucking worst part is THIS SHIT IS GUARANTEED TO COUNT TOWARDS YOUR ATAR. I honestly wish that only one unit of English counted, so if you did better in another unit, only half of English would count.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Sydney Grammar Physics papers are challenging! Dunno how I could finish that in that time given....

meDAawesome

HSC
dw you still got another year and a half to practice, meanwhile we only have another 5 months.....

meDAawesome

HSC
nah m8

I think I'm biased though cos we had really awesome texts for the modules that I love lol whereas for AoS we did the Go Back to Where You Came From doco which just makes me depressed
Feeeelss Motorcycle Diaries which I had to do for AOS is one of my least favourite books of all time now.

leehuan

HSC
nah m8

I think I'm biased though cos we had really awesome texts for the modules that I love lol whereas for AoS we did the Go Back to Where You Came From doco which just makes me depressed
Module C they gave us Why Weren't We Told. Most painful read of my life ever

The Tempest was amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)