CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
Re: CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

I would get a Kawasaki TU250 if its for short commutes. such a nice looking bike .

Too bad the engine is only 250cc.

Its kinda like the Yamaha SR400 but cheaper and has key starting instead of kick start.

astroman

HSC
Re: CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

I would get a Kawasaki TU250 if its for short commutes. such a nice looking bike .

Too bad the engine is only 250cc.

Its kinda like the Yamaha SR400 but cheaper and has key starting instead of kick start.
nothing bad about a 250, for city runs they're pretty quick and nimble and have awesome mileage, but they suffer keeping up on the motorway.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
They took us out on the freeway with the cb125e's we were learning on (there's an on road component to the test now)... On full throttle, they could do about 95ish, so 100km/h should be no problem in a 250... Obviously, they are not going to be like your litre bikes which can hit 100k in first gear :lol:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
They took us out on the freeway with the cb125e's we were learning on (there's an on road component to the test now)... On full throttle, they could do about 95ish, so 100km/h should be no problem in a 250... Obviously, they are not going to be like your litre bikes which can hit 100k in first gear :lol:
That's brave, I thought my old CBR250R was underpowered on the freeway. Even now I wish I had more go above 100kph on my Ninja 300.

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
the XSR900 is boss... Would definately put on the list of things I want, but will never have...

What puzzles me is how the fuck the MT07 is a LAMS bike??? :lol:

Even my instructor for my L's test said:

"dafuq, we took them out and we were giving the R6's and 1600cc Harleys a run for their money..."
Then again, a 1600cc Harley Davidson is the motorcycle equivalent of Bismarck...

astroman

HSC
The LAMS mt07 is most probably fitted with a restrictor that limits the output of the engine, 52hp is whats listed in the spec sheet but the LAMS probably restricts it quite a bit.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
MT07 has torque for days and will do easy power wheelies. They're a great LAMS bike if you can afford it but it's also more likely to be a handful to learn with.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
MT07 has torque for days and will do easy power wheelies. They're a great LAMS bike if you can afford it but it's also more likely to be a handful to learn with.
I've heard it's good to stick with the Honda CB250R for learners, apparently it's a good bike to start off with.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard it's good to stick with the Honda CB250R for learners, apparently it's a good bike to start off with.
That was my first bike and truth be told, I hated it. I sold it for what I bought it for after learning the basics and doing my newbie drops. The bike rides great, it was just too small for me from a size perspective. It's definitely a good bike for a learner, that and the Ninja 250/300 or the Yamaha R3. Really you can't go wrong with any bike around the 250-500cc mark which is LAMS approved. Just make sure it's cheap because that first bike WILL be dropped.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
That was my first bike and truth be told, I hated it. I sold it for what I bought it for after learning the basics and doing my newbie drops. The bike rides great, it was just too small for me from a size perspective. It's definitely a good bike for a learner, that and the Ninja 250/300 or the Yamaha R3. Really you can't go wrong with any bike around the 250-500cc mark which is LAMS approved. Just make sure it's cheap because that first bike WILL be dropped.
Very well said, thank you

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
The LAMS mt07 is most probably fitted with a restrictor that limits the output of the engine, 52hp is whats listed in the spec sheet but the LAMS probably restricts it quite a bit.
I think it's fitted with a device that limits how far you can open the throttle.

astroman

HSC
So need help picking a daily driver for the family. I've shortlisted to honda accord euro, subaru liberty 2.5, and toyota aurion. Can anyone give some suggestions? I really like the honda for its reliability and luxurious interior but hear the engine is pretty boring. I drove the subaru liberty 3.0 today, although it's decently quick, I don't think it's suitable for a daily driver since repairs may be higher compared to other Jap cars. Last option is aurion, respectable power, quite boring to drive though, prison cell interior. Budget is around 8k

Last edited:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
For family? Accord Euro.

Accord Euro - Decent drive, slow, nice interior, well finished, looks decent.
Subaru Liberty - Nicest drive, smallest interior and highish running costs. Least practical.
Aurion - Zzzzzzzz...Most practical I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)