Recommended to drop to standard (2 Viewers)

pscecelia

HSC
Hey guys today I was recommended by my English teacher to drop to standard. The recommendation was based purely on my yearlys in which I performed embarrassingly poor in. My teacher has said that I need to have a good explanation as to why I should stay in advance...... The only reason why I did so badly was because I got extremely stressed out n just gave up.......knowing that year 11 doesn't count, I questioned myself, is the stress really that necessary?....however I no that I will be stressed for the HSC but I am willing to put in the extra effort.....you get what I mean right????

In other words I got pretty lazy towards the yearlys but I will make sure that this will not happen for my HSC.

Is there a more legitimate explanation as to why I should stay in advance.....I really have to convince my teacher pleaseeeeeeee ...oh btw I got 83 for my yearlys which is below the cut off for advance FML I am soo pissed off

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
83 isn't even bad. Lol

Tell the teacher to fuck off and start marking properly because you only need ~77% in advanced English to get 90 in HSC.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Do not drop to Standard. It will detrimentally impact your ATAR - heed this warning.

pscecelia

HSC
I don't want to drop to standard but the teacher is suggesting that I would be better off in standard I don't really know how to convince her that I can do better

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
I don't want to drop to standard but the teacher is suggesting that I would be better off in standard I don't really know how to convince her that I can do better
Well I'm not sure what you can say to her - all you can really say now is that you'll promise to work your ass off next year (as you mentioned above) and try to say so in a really determined tone. Since there aren't any more upcoming assessments (I assume since yearlies are normally the last wave of assessments) you don't really have any other options. Best of luck.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell her that it's your HSC and if she was a better teacher then she would be able to help you and not just palm you off to standard.

HSC
Hey man, Cheer up. My teacher said to everyone who got below a certain mark in the half yearly's should drop and I'm like (In my head :p) "Yeah Miss, I don't really care what your saying, I need a good ATAR so I ain't going no where!". If you want your ATAR to get totally raped then drop if not stay :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Tell her to stop it and say that you want to stay in Advanced, and say you'll work harder or something.

Marc26

HSC
Unless the exam was really easy, then 83 is actually a decent mark that most students would love to get.
Staying on topic, the teacher shouldn't be allowed to force you to standard. They only recommended you..Don't drop.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Agree
Unless the exam was really easy, then 83 is actually a decent mark that most students would love to get.
Staying on topic, the teacher shouldn't be allowed to force you to standard. They only recommended you..Don't drop.

pscecelia

HSC
Thanks guys ... So the teacher and head teacher can't actually force you and put your name down for the standard course without your consent???

eja2000

HSC
Thanks guys ... So the teacher and head teacher can't actually force you and put your name down for the standard course without your consent???
Interesting that you say that. At my school, they basically forced people who fell below a certain mark to drop to standard..That said, I think if you can present a good enough argument as to why you should stay in Advanced, they'll generally let you.

..If worst comes to worst, contact the regional director of education and let them step in and resolve the matter.

DON'T LET YOUR TEACHERS DECIDE YOUR ATAR FOR YOU! :cool:

Marc26

HSC
If they try and force you, you can always contact the Board of Studies :p

pscecelia

HSC
Ahahaha yer true but a bit too extreme ...maybe just bring my parents to school ..n let the teacher have a piece of their mind ahahahahhah

Bluee

HSC
Hey guys today I was recommended by my English teacher to drop to standard. The recommendation was based purely on my yearlys in which I performed embarrassingly poor in. My teacher has said that I need to have a good explanation as to why I should stay in advance...... The only reason why I did so badly was because I got extremely stressed out n just gave up.......knowing that year 11 doesn't count, I questioned myself, is the stress really that necessary?....however I no that I will be stressed for the HSC but I am willing to put in the extra effort.....you get what I mean right????

In other words I got pretty lazy towards the yearlys but I will make sure that this will not happen for my HSC.

Is there a more legitimate explanation as to why I should stay in advance.....I really have to convince my teacher pleaseeeeeeee ...oh btw I got 83 for my yearlys which is below the cut off for advance FML I am soo pissed off
Did you end up staying in Advanced. How did you go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)