For business studies hsc essay how many case studies is an optimal amount to refer 2? (1 Viewer)

darkman77

HSC
N/A
How many do u guys talk about, i talked about 2 in trials ended up with 17/20. My class teacher said talk 2/3 but then I asked the another teacher and he said 5 or more cos you can show greater knowledge??

Also does every point have to be backed up with case study in essay?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: For business studies hsc essay how many case studies is an optimal amount to refe

3-4 case studies is a pretty good number in my opinion and back up every point with reference to a case study.

chiefpasco

HSC
Re: For business studies hsc essay how many case studies is an optimal amount to refe

yeah what Blit said, if it's possible to use a case study, then do it. It's easy to use case studies for business because they can be made up LOL. although, do mention a few mega corporations so they no you're not just winging it.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC

3-4 case studies is a pretty good number in my opinion and back up every point with reference to a case study.
Can I get more opinions on this? I've gotten 18-20's just using only one case study.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Can I get more opinions on this? I've gotten 18-20's just using only one case study.
You can get 18-20s with only using one case study but if you are aiming for a state ranking or want to improve your business report then multiple case studies are a good idea.

(I've handed in practice business reports with a single case study (teacher was an HSC market) and got 18-20 so if you don't want to add extra case studies you don't have to. It's just recommended and HSC feedback on business reports have had "better responses used multiple case studies". )

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A

I used one for my trial and got 20/20 and teacher was a previous HSC marker... Awks. But for tomorrow I am using 3. 2 made up and 1 legit

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A

You can get 18-20s with only using one case study but if you are aiming for a state ranking or want to improve your business report then multiple case studies are a good idea.

(I've handed in practice business reports with a single case study (teacher was an HSC market) and got 18-20 so if you don't want to add extra case studies you don't have to. It's just recommended and HSC feedback on business reports have had "better responses used multiple case studies". )
You mean essays yeah? Bus report is just referral to the stimulus they provide

darkman77

HSC
N/A

I used one for my trial and got 20/20 and teacher was a previous HSC marker... Awks. But for tomorrow I am using 3. 2 made up and 1 legit

when u guys say made up, is that made up facts about a legit business? or made up businesses all up like made up SMEs?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

Essentially, CASE STUDIES ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT. They do not make or break your essay in terms of its quality - as long as it fulfills its purpose and accentuates the explanation of your point.

You only need one case study - and I recommend doing Apple as your case study, they basically do the same shit every year for the same type of product and all you need is some updated information about 2015/16/17 (depending on what cohort you are etc)

I use to get 19/20 with 1 case study (for HR essays, I had to throw in Qantas because they be failing) and so did the top student in my cohort

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)