business studies (1 Viewer)

fires

HSC
N/A
how difficult is it to b6 (~95+) in business?

Last edited:

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: bus stds

To get a 90, not very. Business studies is a fairly easy subject however in order to gain top marks you have to be quite committed, know your content very well and have good literacy skills.

fires

HSC
N/A

To get a 90, not very. Business studies is a fairly easy subject however in order to gain top marks you have to be quite committed, know your content very well and have good literacy skills.
I've got a pretty shit teacher unfortunately the other class has the better teach, can I still do well? I've heard bus is self-explanatory and straightforward and approx ~15 people recieved b6's last year.

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad

I've got a pretty shit teacher unfortunately the other class has the better teach, can I still do well? I've heard bus is self-explanatory and straightforward and approx ~15 people recieved b6's last year.
I taught myself business studies from a few textbooks and other teachers resources, my teacher was quite average as well.

fires

HSC
N/A

I taught myself business studies from a few textbooks and other teachers resources, my teacher was quite average as well.
which text books? i'm currently using business studies in action

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad

which text books? i'm currently using business studies in action
I'm actually a bit of a business studies in action in fan, its pretty good but goes to unnecessary length and irrelevant tangents in some sections. My favourite, and I've read at least five business textbooks is the Excel book, for me it was the perfect level of detail. However, if your teacher isn't great/you don't have any good non-textbook resources I'd recommend you use at least 2 textbooks.

fires

HSC
N/A

I'm actually a bit of a business studies in action in fan, its pretty good but goes to unnecessary length and irrelevant tangents in some sections. My favourite, and I've read at least five business textbooks is the Excel book, for me it was the perfect level of detail. However, if your teacher isn't great/you don't have any good non-textbook resources I'd recommend you use at least 2 textbooks.
ty for the info, much appreciated
if you have any resources pm me

fires

HSC
N/A
to those who do bus is it heavy rote learning?

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
to those who do bus is it heavy rote learning?
Yes, it is. However, the amount of memorisation can be minimised through acronyms. A lot is just a general understanding, but a lot is still syllabus bingo.

fires

HSC
N/A
is there a lot of prelim concepts in hsc or do we learn new concepts for hsc entirely?
(weirdly worded q)

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
is there a lot of prelim concepts in hsc or do we learn new concepts for hsc entirely?
(weirdly worded q)
There's a lot of overlap in some areas, marketing is very similar.

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
you should make your own notes. or get notes which are thorough, not brief.

then once you've learnt and understood a broad amount of knowledge, make your own micro-summary notes, and memorise those.

also, the red peg textbook is really quite good.

HSC
@Roy G Biv and @Phat_tar

How do I incorporate case studies into essays?
(very broad question)
you basically say, "as evident in (case study)" then state your point.
e.g. "as evident in the mcdonalds 2017 business plan, (your point).....this shows that"

hope this helps

HSC
which of the following textbooks for business studies is good?
I'll probably get them from the library and/or purchase em idk
I have the business in action y12 hsc book.

the 5th and the last one seem good ecause they (i am guessing) explain the dot poits in detail. maybe i might get them for next year. do u know how much they are roughly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)