Cadetships 2018 (1 Viewer)

Kolmias

HSC
It's the Year of the Dog and what better way to start with a nice fresh cadetship thread.

Discussion about any business cadetship/scholar programs go here.

A Cadetship is a full time, entry level position where you work full time and attend uni part time.

Cadetships are usually open to high school leavers and first year uni students..

Applications should be opening soon. What firms is everyone applying for?

Reminder: Cadetship evening by the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia should be in mid May. Keep an eye out for that!

If you wanted to be added to the Cadetship Kids messenger chat, please PM me your Facebook name and I'll add you.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Which ones are you planning to apply for Kolmias?

Kolmias

HSC
Which ones are you planning to apply for Kolmias?
All of the ones that I'm eligible for. Not sure if the big 4 ones are open to high school students this year so I probably just apply for the mid tier ones then.

Frostguard

HSC
Probs a dumb question, but are there certain subjects they'll be more willing to accept? Business Studies or Economics??

Kolmias

HSC
Probs a dumb question, but are there certain subjects they'll be more willing to accept? Business Studies or Economics??
I don't they'd really care tbh. It would look kinda of weird if you're doing all sciences and you're applying for a cadetship as it would indicate that you don't have much interest in the business field.

Are you applying Frostguard?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
No hard and fast rule - and whilst doing business studies and economics would definitely indicate an inclination towards the field, it's not a significant differentiation point unless one was able to really demonstrate a genuine interest in the field... and to be honest at the HSC level, most people don't really have a plan yet nor would they be expected to.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't they'd really care tbh. It would look kinda of weird if you're doing all sciences and you're applying for a cadetship as it would indicate that you don't have much interest in the business field.

People doing all sciences (or whatever non-business combo of subjects) could use this to their advantage - perhaps they can say that their interest for the business field stems beyond only subject choices (i.e. beyond just stuff you learn @ school)

Frostguard

HSC

I might, but I don't necessarily show huge interest in the banking or financial sector, I'll probably just try out to refine my resume lol and if I somehow make it into the next round hey at least it means my resume is good lol idk, I've got nothing to lose anyway

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I might, but I don't necessarily show huge interest in the banking or financial sector, I'll probably just try out to refine my resume lol and if I somehow make it into the next round hey at least it means my resume is good lol idk, I've got nothing to lose anyway
You do know it’s an accounting Cadetship right? Ie FS/banking is an industry sector whereas accounting (and whichever particular stream or service line within it) is essentially a service. In other words you could be applying for an audit Cadetship and work in consumer goods.

Ps don’t apply unless you a) know what you are signing up for (ie it’s a full time job and commitment) and b) actually want it. I’m not a fan of people throwing their hat in the ring for the sake of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
I saw my careers adviser last month about EY and apparently they had closed applications and the next time you could apply was at the end of your uni degree (I thought it was first year). Can anyone confirm this?

Found out recently: EY are having a day at their office (I think) where 50 students go and they all learn about the company and the cadetship with them and all that. Not sure if it's been sent to certain schools but anyone who's interested should ask their careers adviser about it. It's a limited spot thing though so it'd have to be soon.

Kolmias

HSC
I saw my careers adviser last month about EY and apparently they had closed applications and the next time you could apply was at the end of your uni degree (I thought it was first year). Can anyone confirm this?

Found out recently: EY are having a day at their office (I think) where 50 students go and they all learn about the company and the cadetship with them and all that. Not sure if it's been sent to certain schools but anyone who's interested should ask their careers adviser about it. It's a limited spot thing though so it'd have to be soon.
It was only first year students this year. Wasn't even open to HSers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)