Please help me, I don't know if i'm screwed (1 Viewer)

Ashryla

HSC
Hey, so I really need an ATAR of 75 to achieve my dream course and move out of home. The thing is I became over confident in my abilities and slacked off, plus a whole bunch of home life factors prevented me from doing anything productive. My assessment marks and rankings were great until half yearlies hit. So long story short, my internal ranks are terrible except maybe IPT and english. Im so scared I have ruined my chance to get the minimum ATAR requirements, because I have been waiting so long to get out of school and home for a very long time now. I would really appreciate second opinions on whether or not I am really screwed, or if I work hard now, I have a chance of picking myself back up and getting the 75 ATAR required?
(I briefly saw a post about guidelines on posting this kind of thing but in my distress of realising I might have ruined my chance to go to uni, I hastily wrote this. So sorry if i'm missing anything.)

So here they come:
Biology: 70% -> 11/13 (my class averages at 85+ for assessments, and she's a very harsh marker and assessment setter)
Chemistry: 56% -> 12/13 (Yeah... went from 88% to 23% in half yearlies.... and he is also a very hard marker too, more so than my bio teacher)
English Adv: 82% -> 8/25
Information processes tech: 78% -> 1/14 (we have a really dumb class lol)
Maths general: 67% -> 13/39
SOR 1: 60% -> 32/43

My school ranking:
Woah... it ranked 94th last year

I still have trials and a few more assessments before the HSC exam, and i'm really hoping I have a second chance to work hard at least in the HSC exam, to get me at least to the 70 ATAR mark because I can get between 3-5 bonus points for a variety of reasons

Please help
~ from someone who really needs hope, motivation, and a second chance

Frostguard

HSC
Hey!! From what I've read so far I don't think you've ruined your ATAR and 75 is most definitely achievable for you. If you say you messed up your half yearlies, then it means these exams were just a one-off thing and you'll surely do better in your next batch of assessments and your final Trials exams. Your internal ranks must be improved within these final assessments, so work on smashing the remaining assessments, your school rank is pretty high, it indicates that your school sets more difficult than average exams so your teachers marking harshly just want the best for you and want you to nail the HSC by ensuring you use correct terminology, concepts, vernacular etc. Personally I'd work on at least getting an 80% for Biology (or just 75%+), English, pretty good 82% gets you 8th so it means the top kids are in the 90s, so maintain that mark or improve it if you can. As for IPT, congrats for coming 1st but I'm sure you know you need to perform much better so you won't get scaled down as hard (even if you're first, that marks need to be at least 85%). Then for Chem, Genny and SOR 1, you must improve your internal ranks and your marks because they're gonna drag you down, espec Genny maths. Whether it is do more past papers, handing stuff in or anything that regularly tests your knowledge, in the long-run it will benefit you so much. But yeah your ATAR is most certainly not ruined and if you want a 75 ATAR, then aim for 75s in all your subjects. We'll all suffer together Ash!! :)))))))))))))))) Good Luck! :)

isa_bellah1

HSC
Hey Guys!!!
just wondering what my ATAR (approx.) would be with these marks/ranks (my goal is a 93-94 atar and im stressing that I may not be able to achieve that ahhhhhh!)

Would really appreciate your input and thoughts :D

my ranks after half yearlies: (still have trials and another set of assessments)

ENGLISH ADVANCED
1st task - 86%
HALF YEARLY mark - 83% -
RANKING AFTER HALF YEARLIES - 10/30
3rd assignment - 100% (haven't received cumulative rankings after this yet)

2 UNIT MATHEMATICS - current rank - 2/41
1st task = 80%
half yearly mark = 86%

CHEMISTRY - current rank - 3/20
1st task = 84%
HALF YEARLY MARK = 77% (ranked three in half yearlies - two people received higher marks than me and they both got 78%)
3rd task = 86%

BUSINESS STUDIES - current rank - 3/76
1st task = 85%
HALF YEARLY MARK = 97%

LEGAL STUDIES - current rank - 2/36
1st task = 100%
HALF YEARLY MARK = 92%

STUDIES OF RELIGION 1 - current rank - 12/82
1st task = 100%
half yearly mark = 74% (lol stuffed this up real bad)

School Rank: 179ish

IS it possible to get a 93-94 ATAR ? (what atar approx. would I get with these results?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Lumenoria

HSC
Hey Guys!!!
just wondering what my ATAR (approx.) would be with these marks/ranks (my goal is a 93-94 atar and im stressing that I may not be able to achieve that ahhhhhh!)

Would really appreciate your input and thoughts :D

my ranks after half yearlies: (still have trials and another set of assessments)

ENGLISH ADVANCED
1st task - 86%
HALF YEARLY mark - 83% -
RANKING AFTER HALF YEARLIES - 10/30
3rd assignment - 100% (haven't received cumulative rankings after this yet)

2 UNIT MATHEMATICS - current rank - 2/41
1st task = 80%
half yearly mark = 86%

CHEMISTRY - current rank - 3/20
1st task = 84%
HALF YEARLY MARK = 77% (ranked three in half yearlies - two people received higher marks than me and they both got 78%)
3rd task = 86%

BUSINESS STUDIES - current rank - 3/76
1st task = 85%
HALF YEARLY MARK = 97%

LEGAL STUDIES - current rank - 2/36
1st task = 100%
HALF YEARLY MARK = 92%

STUDIES OF RELIGION 1 - current rank - 12/82
1st task = 100%
half yearly mark = 74% (lol stuffed this up real bad)

School Rank: 179ish

IS it possible to get a 93-94 ATAR ? (what atar approx. would I get with these results?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Yes it's definitely possible. Your ranks are good, just keep it up coming forward to trials and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)