2017 HSC Question?? (1 Viewer)

bjw22

HSC
So yeah... I've put this bloody subject off as long as I can, and I feel I know the texts so now I'm trying to write essays.
In the question: Politics is a contest of perspectives; a battle people wage with every means available.

Explore how this contest is represented in your prescribed text and ONE other related text of

your own choosing.

Is the underlined bit essentially the thesis??

Cheers

HoldingOn

HSC
So yeah... I've put this bloody subject off as long as I can, and I feel I know the texts so now I'm trying to write essays.
In the question: Politics is a contest of perspectives; a battle people wage with every means available.

Explore how this contest is represented in your prescribed text and ONE other related text of

your own choosing.

Is the underlined bit essentially the thesis??

Cheers
Yes and No. Depends on what you are asking. It's their [Nesa's] thesis for this particular paper, which means it shouldn't be yours. They are asking you to respond to the ideas which they have put forward in that statement. A sophisticated response would take their idea and apply into a completely different context rather taking it on face value, for example, you might explore how governments resort to warping philosophical ideals or something really extreme, and how the individual counteracts by creating subjective meaning. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)