How to improve in physics? (new syllabus) (1 Viewer)

TeheeCat

HSC
Hey guys,

So I'm in year 11 right now and I'm currently ranking in the bottom 10 of my cohort. :frown2:

I am very grateful that I am not ranking last but I'm still disheartened. This holidays, I want to spend time studying and hopefully climb up the rankings.

I already thought of revising all my content but I don't know if that's going to cut it. Tutoring is not an option for me considering how my parents aren't willing to spend money so I'm stuck with studying on my own. I can't use past prelim papers as it's the new syllabus.

I really don't want to give up but seeing my rank just discourages me so much. Doesn't help that I am up against students who already done physics in their old schools or tutoring.

Is it still possible for me to make a comeback? If so, how can I improve in physics the best I can, especially since this is the new syllabus?

Thank you so much.

TeheeCat

HSC
damn this why i changed from phys to bus on the first day but seriously ask the teacher for extra help on certain aspects you're dooing poorly in and maybe get more resources from the teach both to practice concepts just learnt and improve on those you're not doing well in, if many students are doing poorly (or the lower students want extra help) you can ask for more classes (my school did that for chem and phys for a bit)
It will be hard to ask my teacher for help since they're on leave for a few weeks next term. But I will try to at least email for help and resources!

I have never thought of the extra classes suggestion, I will consider that.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Arrowshaft

HSC
Hey TeheeCat I know how you feel, I’m in 2018 prelims as well and doing the new hsc physics syllabus. My advice is to do as many chapter review or excercise questions as possible and mark all the ones you get wrong to refer back to later. Then at the end of every couple of weeks keep reviewing the, and make sure that you’re understanding what you are doing wrong. Also, with what you said about the past papers not being accessible due to syllabus change, that is not true: our teacher told us, even though the syllabus has changed, the changes are not that major with only the removal of the space topic and the addition of thermodynamics, so still use as many past papers as possible! And i cant stress enough how much doing past papers can boost your grades. Also a side note, if you are looking for good past papers I highly recommend Sydney Grammar ones, the are rigorous and test the content thoroughly, if you do not know how to access the just go to the THSC Online website and find them under the Preliminary Physics category. Anyways, best of luck in your future physics-ing PS: i know I’m a bit late lol.

TeheeCat

HSC
Hey TeheeCat I know how you feel, I’m in 2018 prelims as well and doing the new hsc physics syllabus. My advice is to do as many chapter review or excercise questions as possible and mark all the ones you get wrong to refer back to later. Then at the end of every couple of weeks keep reviewing the, and make sure that you’re understanding what you are doing wrong. Also, with what you said about the past papers not being accessible due to syllabus change, that is not true: our teacher told us, even though the syllabus has changed, the changes are not that major with only the removal of the space topic and the addition of thermodynamics, so still use as many past papers as possible! And i cant stress enough how much doing past papers can boost your grades. Also a side note, if you are looking for good past papers I highly recommend Sydney Grammar ones, the are rigorous and test the content thoroughly, if you do not know how to access the just go to the THSC Online website and find them under the Preliminary Physics category. Anyways, best of luck in your future physics-ing PS: i know I’m a bit late lol.
Haha, you're actually not late! Made it just in time as my physics exam is next Monday. Anyway, thank you so much for your advice! I had no idea the old syllabus papers still had some use, so I will check out those especially the Sydney Grammar ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)