2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

gallen88

HSC
Graduated yesterday haha!

Congratulations to the 2018 cohort by the way. We did it!! :guitar: :party:

anoon1

HSC
Now that I've graduated from school, i feel like I've finished my HSC and I'm just chilling at home now.. I'm so scared for the day i realise what i have before me! hopefully its not the morning of English paper 1

Reactions: J44

Ramini1

HSC
Hey guys,

Would it be fair to assume the the LSR on uni courses would almost guarantee entry into the course? If not, how would you be able to approximate the guaranteed atar when it isn’t specified?

blue1

HSC
Hey ramini,

I'm pretty sure that the medium ATAR would be more accurate, given that the LSR could be from someone who got in on an athlete's scholarship, or someone who was in the catchment area ... + therefore received extra points.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Now that I've graduated from school, i feel like I've finished my HSC and I'm just chilling at home now.. I'm so scared for the day i realise what i have before me! hopefully its not the morning of English paper 1
Start today so you can enjoy chilling in your proper holidays more :)

blue1

HSC
Hi all,

My subjects are Adv English, 2U Maths, French Extension and Chinese Extension.
I go to a top 10 school, and in terms of overall rank after Trials, I'm in the top 68% of my grade (or the bottom 32% if you want to look at it that way, lol).

a) What ATAR do you think I'll get?

b) Also, if I were to get the absolute minimum for a Band 6 in each subject, what ATAR would I get?

c) + What about if I get mid-high band 6's in some but band 5's in others? (I figure they'll cancel out to be the same as all low band 6's...?)

Thanks,

- blue

HoldingOn

HSC
How many past papers for different subjects have people done? I know personally I have just being doing a ton of maths papers because I find they are the only useful ones.

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
How many past papers for different subjects have people done? I know personally I have just being doing a ton of maths papers because I find they are the only useful ones.
I've more done just practice questions and practice essays for English and Visual Arts so far (theyre my first exams), not so much papers in their entirety. I did a Paper 2 for practice yesterday tho lol. I'm more just doing revision though, bc I kinda understand how to answer the questions already due to being exposed to them throughout the whole year. I get/agree with your thing about only maths papers being useful though tbh.

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Hey, just wondering, how much are you guys studying for HSC exams during these holidays/during STUVAC? I've been aiming for 9-10 hours a day, but I've only been able to reach 6-7 hours :/ Ik that hours only say so much, but like the more hours you have the more work you can get done theoretically?

Honestly just over the HSC and I'm getting really bored, but that's just me, so I get distracted easily and thus have less time to study as a result. Just something I have to work on, but how is everyone else going with it?

jjuunnee

HSC
Hey, just wondering, how much are you guys studying for HSC exams during these holidays/during STUVAC? I've been aiming for 9-10 hours a day, but I've only been able to reach 6-7 hours :/ Ik that hours only say so much, but like the more hours you have the more work you can get done theoretically?

Honestly just over the HSC and I'm getting really bored, but that's just me, so I get distracted easily and thus have less time to study as a result. Just something I have to work on, but how is everyone else going with it?
The only study I've done for the hsc is a practice legal exam :/

studygirl118

HSC

I think 9-10 is a bit unsustainable tbh, but I’m doing about 5 hours - any more and I seriously think I will burn out hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sodiumziha

HSC
Has anyone else's ATAR expectations taken a drastic tumble over the past few weeks? I started year 12 begging for a 90, now I'm just aiming for an 80 (which is still pretty hard to get ill be honest). I've read over all my essays ONCE, and that's all the study I've done this stuvac. There's one week to go, does anyone think it's possible for someone to scrape an 80+ ATAR with just the knowledge they covered in trials and not doing ANYTHING after? Am I fucking up my future//??//?/? Someone give me a reality check. (I really want to be THAT kid that did decent (80ish) at the HSC by just doing one hour a day in the week leading up to the english papers, is that extremely unrealistic? Slap me if it is. Quick)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)