2019s Prelim HSC Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A
✨✨2019 HSC Students Discussion Thread✨✨

Hey guys! Welcome to the thread!

I have made this new thread for students that will be graduating in 2019, so that you all can chit chat and ask questions about studying, school, or even life in general. You can also use this to upload resources to help others.

Also, I will regularly be posting some study tips and advice for y’all so stay tuned folks! :)

Last edited:

TeheeCat

HSC
I feel so happy.

Guys, if you ever feel hopeless or disheartened from your marks/ranks, don't give up!

My physics rank in semester 1: Bottom 10
Final ranking: Top 10 (rank #9)

I originally felt so discouraged after seeing my semester one ranking and felt tempted to drop. But after staying and putting extra effort, I climbed the rankings of my cohort~
It's definitely possible to improve as long as you work harder (you obviously have to put in the effort). But just know that there is hope to turn the tables around.

So never give up!!! We all got this ! :)

TeheeCat

HSC
Re: ✨✨2019 HSC Students Discussion Thread✨✨

Oh yes! Let's get this started.

What is everyone's subjects, ATAR aim and dream courses/universities? I shall start.

My subjects for year 12
English Advanced
Mathematics Extension 1
Physics
Economics
Business studies

Dropped modern history lol

ATAR aim: 90+

Dream courses: Truthfully I haven't thought too much about this. Same with universities.

How about you guys?

TeheeCat

HSC

Has anyone started studying yet or nah?
I actually did since I did pretty poor in preliminary exams + wanting to keep to keep up with everyone who's going tutoring lol

I'm not studying too hard though, just limiting it to 1-2 hours oof math and physics. It is the holidays after all!

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A

What is everyone's subjects, ATAR aim and dream courses/universities? I shall start.

My subjects for year 12
English Advanced
Mathematics Extension 1
Physics
Economics
Business studies

Dream courses: Truthfully I haven't thought too much about this. Same with universities.

How about you guys?
Hi! Omg thanks ur sooo kind and awesome and welcome to the thread! :spin:

Well, my subjects for year 12 are

English Advanced
Maths Advanced
Chemistry
Biology
PDHPE
CAFS

Tbh I enjoy all these subjects however I am thinking of dropping CAFS (maybe, not so sure yet)

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A

I actually did since I did pretty poor in preliminary exams + wanting to keep to keep up with everyone who's going tutoring lol

I'm not studying too hard though, just limiting it to 1-2 hours oof math and physics. It is the holidays after all!
Omg I be procrastinating all holidays but yeah same I also pretty much failed my prelims lol

KingTings

HSC

My subjects for year 12
English Advanced
Mathematics Extension 1
Physics
Economics
Business studies

How about you guys?
Literally the exact same subjects except extension math (wish I chose it tbh). Aiming for B. Commerce at UNSW, probs majoring in finance but I still have a year to find out. Really wanting a 93+ in terms of ATAR!

helllo

HSC
WAIT, do people actually study these holidays???
I have done absolutely NOTHING as i have been told a million times that these are our last 'real' holidays.
Not looking forward to starting year 12 but excited to be closer to finishing school.

Milo_

HSC

My Subjects for Year 12:
English Advanced
Mathematics Extension 1
Physics
Economics
Business studies

How about you guys?
My Subjects for Year 12
English Adv
Mathematics (2U)
SOR 2
Physics
Business Studies
Multimedia (Industrial Technology)

Haven't dropped any of my subjects

ATAR Aim: 95+, but will be glad with a 90+ too (still gonna do my best though!)

Dream courses: Not entirely sure with what career I would see myself doing. However, I am quite interested with UNSW and their Engineering/Physics related courses. On the side, I also do wish to establish some sort of e-Business for my multimedia endeavours :p.

Best of luck for all new Year 12 students! (And also current HSC students soon to be undergoing their exams, we love youse all - good luck!).

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
WAIT, do people actually study these holidays???
I have done absolutely NOTHING as i have been told a million times that these are our last 'real' holidays.
Not looking forward to starting year 12 but excited to be closer to finishing school.
Yeahh when I had these holidays we had some pre-homework I guess for some subjects but also did 1st module for bio I think?? I can't really remember rip my memory xD

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A
Yeahh when I had these holidays we had some pre-homework I guess for some subjects but also did 1st module for bio I think?? I can't really remember rip my memory xD
Hey! do you remember how long it took you to finish Mod 1 of Bio? And also did u study for English?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey! do you remember how long it took you to finish Mod 1 of Bio? And also did u study for English?
Umm watched my mod A film because we had to watch it and take notes for homework and also some other homework which I forgot... and mod 1 bio probably took a while because I bludged so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)