2019s Prelim HSC Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeahh when I had these holidays we had some pre-homework I guess for some subjects but also did 1st module for bio I think?? I can't really remember rip my memory xD
Think I had pre-homework for maths as we didn't finish part of the content but other then that didn't do study in the holidays between years 11 and 12.

TeheeCat

HSC
Re: ✨✨2019 HSC Students Discussion Thread✨✨

Literally the exact same subjects except extension math (wish I chose it tbh). Aiming for B. Commerce at UNSW, probs majoring in finance but I still have a year to find out. Really wanting a 93+ in terms of ATAR!
Wow.. we must be twins :')

I was actually considering a Bachelor of Commerce course too HAHHAAH~ Unsure which uni has the best commerce course though.

I'm pretty 2U mathematics is enough for most financial courses!

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A

I'm graduating from that degree next year :D

RicoBurrito

HSC
Pupil free day at my school, took the opportunity to go to a signing yesterday, since I always panic whenever it's legit a day before school when it comes to holidays.
Also aiming for a 95 since it seems UNSW won't stop increasing their ATAR cut-offs for engineering. Course I really want to do is Materials Science & Engineering.

Abiya05

HSC

Literally the exact same subjects except extension math (wish I chose it tbh). Aiming for B. Commerce at UNSW, probs majoring in finance but I still have a year to find out. Really wanting a 93+ in terms of ATAR!

Same course goal here, but I'm kind interested in UNSW's co-op in banking and finance, then do a post-grad CPA or MBA. In terms of atar aim, I could honestly get 99.5+ with my year 11 marks and do comm-law (which is what i wanted to do since like year 7), but messed up LAT this year so my confidence took a huge beating. I think i'm settling for a lower atar course just so I don't feel like a complete failure at the end of year 12. Just wondering, does the university you go to matter, or is the course more important??

I'm doing eco, legal, history ext., ancient history, SAC (probs gonna drop), English ext. 1, maths advanced btw :)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Same course goal here, but I'm kind interested in UNSW's co-op in banking and finance, then do a post-grad CPA or MBA. In terms of atar aim, I could honestly get 99.5+ with my year 11 marks and do comm-law (which is what i wanted to do since like year 7), but messed up LAT this year so my confidence took a huge beating. I think i'm settling for a lower atar course just so I don't feel like a complete failure at the end of year 12. Just wondering, does the university you go to matter, or is the course more important??

I'm doing eco, legal, history ext., ancient history, SAC (probs gonna drop), English ext. 1, maths advanced btw :)
If you are looking to do the CPA, then majoring in Accounting would be beneficial.

"If you have studied an accounting-related degree, you will likely go straight into the CPA Program. In some cases, you may need to complete further studies. The diagram below outlines program elements:"
https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa

You will not be able to commence the CPA straight away if you are doing a non-accounting degree which you should consider.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Note that UNSW Combined Law doesn't have the fixed ATAR requirement anymore since the introduction of LAT. The 99.5+ requirement applies to USYD's Combined Law degree. And if you're actually interested in doing Commerce/Law at UNSW, do give the LAT another shot! (That being said, UNSW Finance Co-op is amazing and I know people who've even dropped Law to transfer into it)

Abiya05

HSC

If you are looking to do the CPA, then majoring in Accounting would be beneficial.

"If you have studied an accounting-related degree, you will likely go straight into the CPA Program. In some cases, you may need to complete further studies. The diagram below outlines program elements:"
https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa

You will not be able to commence the CPA straight away if you are doing a non-accounting degree which you should consider.

I've definately considered that, and looked into the accounting and business management co-op as well which is what i would need to do for a CPA. just a little unsure of what my chances of even being considered would be, since i'm not super great at maths, but willing to put in the hard work. I've asked around before and accounting doesn't seem to have a very complex level of maths (i've been told its just calculators and some forumals). Is there a specific band or mark they would look for in maths to consider you for the co-op?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

I've definately considered that, and looked into the accounting and business management co-op as well which is what i would need to do for a CPA. just a little unsure of what my chances of even being considered would be, since i'm not super great at maths, but willing to put in the hard work. I've asked around before and accounting doesn't seem to have a very complex level of maths (i've been told its just calculators and some forumals). Is there a specific band or mark they would look for in maths to consider you for the co-op?
I am not 100% sure but I do not think they look for a specific mark or band for mathematics, more so the ATAR and other factors.

You should be fine with 2 unit mathematics for accounting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)