Gen Math, 88%, 1/25
Mod Hist, 89%, 1/4
Legal studies, 84%, 1/17
PDHPE, 80%, 4/14

School rank is 581 XD, please correct me if I need more info

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A
Hey,based on your results (you are doing VERY WELL- you must be really proud of yourself with those ranks :) ) I I would say your Atar would be around 90+. You must have been studying very consistently am I right?

Please share some of your study tips and strategies with us because that is very impressive :)

Lindzay

HSC
thankyou! My school isn't the most prestigious so it's not overly difficult to top classes. Since my courses are very content heavy, I did summaries and then compiled potential essay questions from past papers and wrote responses to those. Throughout the year I kept summaries and did fairly well (90%+) in the majority of my assessment, I'm hoping for an 85, but would gladly take 90+! I'm a tad apprehensive as I'm not the best in exam conditions, much prefer assessment :)

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A
thankyou! My school isn't the most prestigious so it's not overly difficult to top classes. Since my courses are very content heavy, I did summaries and then compiled potential essay questions from past papers and wrote responses to those. Throughout the year I kept summaries and did fairly well (90%+) in the majority of my assessment, I'm hoping for an 85, but would gladly take 90+! I'm a tad apprehensive as I'm not the best in exam conditions, much prefer assessment :)

Where did you get all that motivation tho lol

Lindzay

HSC
hahaha, I'm not sure, I really only started working hard 2 weeks before trials, traditionally at my school no one really cares or achieves well in the HSC, with a large group of kids leaving by year 10 or doing Non-ATAR, those who do go to uni end up going to tier 2 Unis i.e. Southern Cross/Griffith, which is fine, I just wanted to be that person who got into UQ, which I need an 84 for criminology there :)

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Keep grinding brah you'll easily surpass 90

Lindzay

HSC
Forgive my naivety but are there any other factors that affect my atar? Other than the HSC mark, assessment mark, rank and possibly school rank? How influential is the scaling of subjects etc? Even if I have good internal rank and assessment and a good external HSC exam, will my cohorts poor results drag mine down?

Last edited:

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A
Forgive my naivety but are there any other factors that affect my atar? Other than the HSC mark, assessment mark, rank and possibly school rank? How influential is the scaling of subjects etc? Even if I have good internal rank and assessment and a good external HSC exam, will my cohorts poor results drag mine down?

Hey! Your Atar will be only me made of two parts:
1. Your school assessment mark which accounts for 50% , so this will be exams, assignments and stuff
2. You actual hsc exam mark which makes up the other 50%

Lindzay

HSC
Is there any easy way to access my assessment averages? (Other than digging through my old assignments and averaging them), they weren't on my report card

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Hey! Your Atar will be only me made of two parts:
1. Your school assessment mark which accounts for 50% , so this will be exams, assignments and stuff
2. You actual hsc exam mark which makes up the other 50%
School assessment marks mean nothing and are not taken into account. Only your rank and the final HSC exam marks of your cohort are used to determine your HSC school assessment mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)