I messed up bad (1 Viewer)

Swaglord101

HSC
Hey everyone I just had my first chemistry task which was worth 25% of my total hsc. I spent too long on the practical bit and rushed a lot of my task and resulted in me getting a 60% and nearly the bottom of my 10 man class.

I'm wondering if I can come back from this? has this screwed my chance for a 95+?. I have a top3 rank in every other subject.

Should I move schools for a clean slate at chemistry?

Thanks.

(Ignore my name )

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just keeping working hard. You don't need to restart.

Swaglord101

HSC
yeah look I dont know I want a much better result and I am easily capable. This was an extremely disappointing result.

107thbarnes

HSC
I'm in the same position! 70% for my adv. english assessment on a task weighted 25%. I don't really see the point of going to the extremes of moving schools. I'm coming top 3 for nearly all my classes too, so considering you're coming top 3 for all, i think you'll be fine. I think the only thing we can really do is put our heads down and improve from here.

Swaglord101

HSC
I'm in the same position! 70% for my adv. english assessment on a task weighted 25%. I don't really see the point of going to the extremes of moving schools. I'm coming top 3 for nearly all my classes too, so considering you're coming top 3 for all, i think you'll be fine. I think the only thing we can really do is put our heads down and improve from here.
Yeah I was thinking that but 60% with a near bottom rank is quite a shocker of an effort from me. Chemistry has to count for me as well and I am capable of much better than a 60% mark.

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
yeah I failed advanced too I think havent gotten marks back but I know I fucked up the 7min pech kucha/ted talk. Maybe I can improve the other 3 assessment tasks and for hsc but this wil really put ranks down

TeheeCat

HSC
Yes it is 100% possible bounce back!

I was in the exact same situation as you back in preliminary for physics. Our first assessment task had a weighing of 20% and I scored 5/20 in it, placing me at the bottom 10 of the cohort. Of course, I was extremely disappointed and even had a breakdown from it. However, I vowed myself to work super hard (particularly the depth study and yearly exam) to make up for my rankings. By the end of year 11, I finished with #9. :) Granted, it wasn't top 5 but I was still overjoyed to have drastically improved!

You will definitely be fine, especially considering how you are top 3 in every other subject. Just note that while your chem rank needs the most improving, don't neglect your other subjects and try your best to maintain these ranks, at least try to stay top 5-10 in everything.

I know this is easier said than done, but as long as you continue to work hard, keep your head up and improve from these mistakes, then you can definitely get a 95+ ATAR.

Good luck!

Traxoom73

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah you're fine bro. I got 40% in my first English assessment worth 25% of my internals and still ended up with a 95+ atar. I thought it was the end of the world lol. Not even. It's easy to be demoralised but switch your mindset to a realistic one, and see how many marks are left on the table. Use this as a lesson to drive your motivation to prepare hard for the remaining assessments and crush them. Doing so successfully = 95+ atar.

107thbarnes

HSC
yeah I failed advanced too I think havent gotten marks back but I know I fucked up the 7min pech kucha/ted talk. Maybe I can improve the other 3 assessment tasks and for hsc but this wil really put ranks down
yeah, i'm so disappointed. i expected the mark i got, but you still hope you did well, yknow? well, not much we can do from here but work hard :p

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A
You can bounce back! Put in the effort from this moment and onwards, we're all here cheering for you! :D

Good luck :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It is definitely possible to improve and reach your top 3 positions.

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
Nah you're fine bro. I got 40% in my first English assessment worth 25% of my internals [and still ended up with a 95+ atar. I thought it was the end of the world lol. Not even. It's easy to be demoralised but switch your mindset to a realistic one, and see how many marks are left on the table. Use this as a lesson to drive your motivation to prepare hard for the remaining assessments and crush them. Doing so successfully = 95+ atar.
yeah I feel like that's what happened to me so im hoping for a b5 in adv and b6s in other subjects so that I can get a 95 atar, hopefully it works out I was super sad/mad about the first adv assessment which didn't even test your writing abilities but oral presenting and bs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)