Uni trouble???? (1 Viewer)

sickb

HSC
so i just got back my first assignment which weighed 15% and i failed by 1 mark and what does this mean for me??? i am really worried cos i dont wanna fail this unit in my first semester at uni

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
so i just got back my first assignment which weighed 15% and i failed by 1 mark and what does this mean for me??? i am really worried cos i dont wanna fail this unit in my first semester at uni
I guess just try harder for the next one. Usually the finals make up a bulk of the mark so just score well on that and the rest of your internals.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How did other people go? Whatd did you get for your feedback on the assignment?

Lecturers/tutors often have consultation hours and you can go to them with your questions. What subject (unit)? Which university? Try going to PAL/PASS classes.

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
Depending on the university you attend, usually if you fail a class, you retake it. But failing one test worth 15% won't mean much. However, if you fail another exam then usually they take you in for assessment and see what went wrong and whether you should continue your studies with a retake OR expulsion from the course all together. This is what I was told though from a cousin who is a professor at university. But I am pretty sure this system only exists in the elite unis like usyd, unsw, unimelb, etc. But every other uni I think it is if you fail 3 exams. You should talk to your professor/lecturer and see what went wrong and seem like you actually care about you failing the test. Just keep trying for the future exams.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)