Bit co-op UTS advice (1 Viewer)

lawrenceroq

HSC
So the bachelor of information technology co-op applications are open and im currently in the middle of making my online application. The course is something i want to study more than anything and expecting an atar from around 85-94 plus i have a genuine interest in tech and have a number of extracurricular activities. I'm not sure how much people apply for it so what would be my chances?

ALSO Any advice or tips for making the application or interview if i hopefully score one?
Thanks yall!

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Saw this quite late. Put time into your written application and articulate well. The aim is to demonstrate that you are switched on and keen to grow. You do this by the subject matter of your responses and how you word them.

Here's a bit of advice: Look at the Linkedin profiles of current BITs and BIT Alumni. Current BITs can be found from a quick Linkedin search. BIT Alumni you can check UTS facebook albumn for the 30th anniversary dinner (then search their names on linkedin based on tags). These are the people you have to be. Structure your responses around how they write and what they have done.

When i say "switched on" i mean being astute enough to do things like this in order to win. You have to step up your game a little but do so and you'll probably get a spot in the next intake.

If you get an interview respond to my post and i can help you prepare. I was successful in the program and know the entry criteria & what they are looking for.

HSC
Hey! @Katsumi I was wondering if i could get some experienced advice too! would appreciate so so much this is something i am so passionate about!

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
lmao it's 3am so will write better answer later but they're looking for transferable skills like leadership, teamwork, but the #1 thing is how keen you are to learn. That's been a big trend in my cohort - not a lot of people with previous technical experience (there are a few though - amazing ppl. heard they're looking for people who are more interested in the technical side of IT rather than business side this year though.). They make up for it by showing their soft skills and interest through their studies, extra-curriculars or side projects.

It's all about how you want the interviewers etc to perceive you and your personal brand.

dm if you want more advice abt my experience as a BIT

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
lmao it's 3am so will write better answer later but they're looking for transferable skills like leadership, teamwork, but the #1 thing is how keen you are to learn. That's been a big trend in my cohort - not a lot of people with previous technical experience (there are a few though - amazing ppl. heard they're looking for people who are more interested in the technical side of IT rather than business side this year though.). They make up for it by showing their soft skills and interest through their studies, extra-curriculars or side projects.

It's all about how you want the interviewers etc to perceive you and your personal brand.

dm if you want more advice abt my experience as a BIT
You know this is a true BIT when they post career stuff at 3am :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)