Help With Scaling and Subject Choice (1 Viewer)

Beefy1212

HSC
Hey, just looking for some advice. I want to get an atar of 90 for my course and I'm wondering how hard/easy it will be with these subjects

Advanced Maths
Advanced English
Economics
Legal Studies
Modern History

2U SOR Or Extension History - Not Sure Yet

Any Help would be great!

akaalfauj

HSC
Hey, just looking for some advice. I want to get an atar of 90 for my course and I'm wondering how hard/easy it will be with these subjects

Advanced Maths
Advanced English
Economics
Legal Studies
Modern History

Any Help would be great!
You should consider doing maths extension 1, initially it may seem very hard (personally got 50% in the first exam) but if you put the effort in and stay attentive in class you will excel. (extension maths also has beast scaling). Otherwise, I heard SOR 1 is an 'easy' band 6 and heard from a friend that extension history is not worth it.

lawfanatic

HSC

Advanced Maths
Advanced English
Economics
Legal Studies
Modern History

Any Help would be great!
So these subjects (except for Economics) are similar to mine.

I do all those subjects, including SOR II and Ext History.

Advanced Mathematics is a lot of work if you're willing to put time into it.

Advanced English due to my texts has been partially okay as you're writing essays to suit certain questions.

Legal Studies is pretty easy if you understand specific legal concepts and can write well.

Modern History is very content heavy in terms of knowing dates and specific events that happen.

SOR II again although may seem easy is very content heavy in terms of knowing 3 different religions PLUS AUS Post 1945, Religion and Non-Religion and Religion and Peace. If you're willing to put the time and effort into it, over time it becomes so much easier (I know from experience as after studying for it everything became very clear)

History Ext. isn't exactly hard, but can be time-consuming due to the research project you must undertake. History Extension isn't like Modern or Ancient, but moreso about Historiography and debates to do with historians and ideologies - sort of like philosophy if you think about it. It took me months and months to wrap my head around ideological concepts, but if you can write well and are willing to put in the effort in Year 12 (as it's only offered in Year 12), then you will be fine.

You shouldn't be looking at how easy/hard a subject is, but moreso if you enjoy it and you'd be willing to put the time and effort into those subjects, seeing to get over 90 you'd need a couple band 6's and they don't come without hard work.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)