izzo

HSC
Is it worth going to schoolies? Planning on going to the Goldcoast

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on what you enjoy doing and what you are planning on doing for schoolies.

UMatty

HSC
When I finished school I did an Unleashed Grad Trip in Fiji and it was the best experience of my life. Hands down, nothing has ever compared.

Instead of the Gold Coast you head to a private island in Fiji that is just for 17 and 18 year olds.

This is their most recent aftermovie

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It can be nice to celebrate the end of school milestone with friends.

Do you enjoy drinking and partying with other people not just your friends?

halle_r

HSC
Can you not book through Schoolies and still be allowed into the events if they have left over passes to buy? And do Schoolies book out the night clubs so no one can get in?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Can you not book through Schoolies and still be allowed into the events if they have left over passes to buy? And do Schoolies book out the night clubs so no one can get in?
I wouldn't advise you to go to schoolies because of the large emphasis on alcohol and drugs. I wouldn't go because I don't drink or do drugs but even the presence of drugs should be a big no for everyone, but that's just my opinion I guess.

BMWM2

HSC
I wouldn't advise you to go to schoolies because of the large emphasis on alcohol and drugs. I wouldn't go because I don't drink or do drugs but even the presence of drugs should be a big no for everyone, but that's just my opinion I guess.
I guess you can say no right? A bit of self control and thought for your own body goes a long way

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess you can say no right? A bit of self control and thought for your own body goes a long way
Peer pressure goes a long way. When you surround yourself with people like that, it's a statistical probability that you will slowly get into it too. Not saying everyone will but I personally prefer not to surround myself with people who drink so much and do drugs.

Also another factor of safety comes into place. When there's so many heavily drunk people in one place fights and what not are bound to break out. In all it's not a great atmosphere to be in.

Would you rather be in a room and say no to people pressuring you to do drugs or not be in the room at all??

scottie_wy1973

HSC
I finished school I did an Unleashed Grad Trip in Fiji and it was the best experience of my life. Hands down, nothing has ever compared.

_rakelt

HSC
I didn't go to schoolies - doesn't seem worth it. Instead, I'd use that money to go on a trip somewhere like Korea/Japan/NYC with a small group of friends.

hschelper01

HSC
Ended up saving my money and doing a trip to New Zealand, NYC and Whistler (before COVID-19) in December with a group of friends. No regrets - it was 100% the best decision we'd made - 10x better than going to schoolies :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)