what should i choose as another subject for yr 11 (1 Viewer)

Cherrybomb56

HSC
I mean v
I'm pretty sure everyone doing 3u gets the email but @SpiderX1X I didn't do the survey yet but I'm calling them if i can still apply cause I was contemplating whether i should start early or later cause my friend is going to start when yr 12 starts.
I mean by starting early you get more knowledge about 4u and can start studying for it but I think it’s more important to focus on 3u and do well at it but it’s totally all your choice

HSC
@Cherrybomb56 and @SpiderX1X
hope next year doesn't beat down our self-esteem and build up any procrastination.
Also if any of us don't go to a selective school it's even more pressure.
Cause at NGO and sons, my math teacher said you have to be ranked top 3 cause she didn't got to a selective school and she got an ATAR of I think 98.95 ??

SpiderX1X

HSC
hope next year doesn't beat down our self-esteem and build up any procrastination.
Cause at NGO and sons, my math teacher said you have to be ranked top 3 cause she didn't got to a selective school and she got an ATAR of I think 98.95 ??
No, someone got 99.70 in my school and it's ranked 200s, he was ranked 1st for only 2 subjects.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Don’t worry I don’t go to selective. Do you ? Btw what school was she from ? Yeah you too hope we all do well and surpass our aims 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
As a general rule of thumb most people say top 3. However it's certainly not absolute. In my 300+ ranked school those of us in the top 10 got E4 so ofc it varies. If you know how good the other students in your cohort are you can get a fairly good idea of what your rank should be if your aiming for B6

HSC
No, someone got 99.70 in my school and it's ranked 200s, he was ranked 1st for only 2 subjects.
Oh really that's cool I guess I do have some hope
Don’t worry I don’t go to selective. Do you ? Btw what school was she from ? Yeah you too hope we all do well and surpass our aims 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
No i don't but all my primary friends and relatives go to a selective school so i kinda the black sheep here. Plus i don't know which school she's from but all i know it's public. Don't know the school ranking either.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
As a general rule of thumb most people say top 3. However it's certainly not absolute. In my 300+ ranked school those of us in the top 10 got E4 so ofc it varies. If you know how good the other students in your cohort are you can get a fairly good idea of what your rank should be if your aiming for B6
Nice . Just wondering compared to year 11 and year 12 is there a big difference beside the workload ?
Oh really that's cool I guess I do have some hope

No i don't but all my primary friends and relatives go to a selective school so i kinda the black sheep here. Plus i don't know which school she's from but all i know it's public. Don't know the school ranking either.
thats okay don’t worry . I have heard from many people that school doesn’t have much impact on ATAR and then if you study well then you will get what you deserve

HSC
My school doesn't tell the rankings until yr 11 so I don't know how I'm doing, but I know I'm ranked pretty high for maths, english not so great and i have no idea about science but I think I'm between high and middle cause I didn't do well in yr 9 cause i got sick and the top classes for science learn ahead and way more content which I hate

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Jus
My school doesn't tell the rankings until yr 11 so I don't know how I'm doing, but I know I'm ranked pretty high for maths, english not so great and i have no idea about science but I think I'm between high and middle cause I didn't do well in yr 9 cause i got sick and the top classes for science learn ahead and way more content which I hate
just wondering how many extension classes are there for math in your school and did you have to do really good this year to get amber invitations in extension math ?

HSC
Jus

just wondering how many extension classes are there for math in your school and did you have to do really good this year to get amber invitations in extension math ?
yeh we have 2 accelerated classes 3u and 2u. I dropped out end of yr 9 cause we didn't go in detail with the topics and I didn't have time to spend on my other subjects. So because of the accelerated 2u class that took up most of the class so only limited spots. Including me, only 6 other students got into Ex 1 out of the whole grade.
Btw we only have one Ex1 class for next year.
Also there was only one person who did 4u this year.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
yeh we have 2 accelerated classes 3u and 2u. I dropped out end of yr 9 cause we didn't go in detail with the topics and I didn't have time to spend on my other subjects. So because of the accelerated 2u class that took up most of the class so only limited spots. Including me, only 6 other students got into Ex 1 out of the whole grade.
Btw we only have one Ex1 class for next year.
Also there was only one person who did 4u this year.
What ??? Only 1 person wow 😮 wow you math ex 1 class is pretty small but it’s good the teacher has more time to focus on each student, help on you weakness and give individual feedback

HSC
What ??? Only 1 person wow 😮 wow you math ex 1 class is pretty small but it’s good the teacher has more time to focus on each student, help on you weakness and give individual feedback
yeah 1 student was also shocking to my surprise but that's also true they can focus more individually.
My school is better in English than Maths plus their so good my rank for english is going to be so bad cause i'm no where near as good as them. Urgg why does english have to be mandatory.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
yeah 1 student was also shocking to my surprise but that's also true they can focus more individually.
My school is better in English than Maths plus their so good my rank for english is going to be so bad cause i'm no where near as good as them. Urgg why does english have to be mandatory.
Don’t give up . Study and focus on your mistakes and weakness and surely you can do well 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)