What is Mechatronic engineering at UNSW like? (1 Viewer)

red152

HSC
I'm probably going to do Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechatronic) at UNSW. I would like to know a few things before I decide it to be final.

1. How many people do mechatronics in each year group at UNSW?
2. How common is it for people to do double degrees with commerce with this degree?
3. How difficult is this type of engineering compared to other types?
4. Is the course content interesting?
5. In general, do you recommend, yes or no?

Thanks in advance!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
These are all things you must decide for yourself. Our opinions on it will mean almost nothing as Unsw has a great engineering school with a great Mechatronics department.

All these questions will be different from everyone’s perspective. There’s no definitive answer and these are things you must ask yourself and answer yourself.

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm probably going to do Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechatronic) at UNSW. I would like to know a few things before I decide it to be final.

1. How many people do mechatronics in each year group at UNSW?
2. How common is it for people to do double degrees with commerce with this degree?
3. How difficult is this type of engineering compared to other types?
4. Is the course content interesting?
5. In general, do you recommend, yes or no?

Thanks in advance!
ANSWERS from best of my ability, but most of these should really be personally answered qs,
1. varies each year, but it shouldn't be an issue cause unsw doesn't really have a limit to how many students they accept as long as you meet the entry requirements.

2. Again, varies, its more so what jobs they want to do at thend, if commerce helps you into the job you dream of with mechatronic then go for it. If not, then don't bother the extra 2-3 years of commerce added.

3. All eng courses are difficult, just really what interests you and makes you motivates you to study it that helps you get through or not.

4. That really depends on you.

5. Yes, if you want a job in that field. No, if you have no interest in it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)