Internships at the big banks (1 Viewer)

Jigmey

HSC
Is it highly favored upon or a requirement to have a bank account for the bank that you are interning for? Like would it be detrimental if you had a bank account with Commonwealth but wanted to do an intern at ANZ?

RishBonjour

HSC
How does one even think of these questions...

Absolutely not. I'm not sure about interning but for FT people they do suggest a bank account with the specific bank to be opened for Salary.

It will have no bearing on getting selected.

And wow you're HSC is in 2021 and already thinking about interning at Banks. Good on you.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Just don't rock up to the interview with all of your Dollarmites merch!

I think it's a valid question though, you'll find people asking the same thing about computers/phones when working at Google/Apple/Microsoft or people commenting on employees of those companies using competitor's devices.

This wouldn't apply so much to an internship I imagine, but if you're applying for specific roles it'd still be advisable to do due diligence in preparation. For example, knowing the services the bank offers that are relevant to your role and keeping in mind that some other candidates may be deeply familiar with those services as current/former clients.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
That would actually be funny but iirc the CEO of Huawei uses an IPhone and an IPad soo... it doesn’t really matter.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
How does one even think of these questions...

Absolutely not. I'm not sure about interning but for FT people they do suggest a bank account with the specific bank to be opened for Salary.

It will have no bearing on getting selected.

And wow you're HSC is in 2021 and already thinking about interning at Banks. Good on you.
Wow blast from the past....

RishBonjour

HSC
Wow blast from the past....
Haha do you mean me?

If so yes it is. On BoS after ages sharing some knowledge gained :)

The question trend on BoS is the same. Good to see students are just as clueless as I was in 2012.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it highly favored upon or a requirement to have a bank account for the bank that you are interning for? Like would it be detrimental if you had a bank account with Commonwealth but wanted to do an intern at ANZ?
No.

But as others have mentioned, actively promoting/supporting the competition in say the interview may not give off a great impression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)