BIOL1008 - Biology bridging course needed? (1 Viewer)

CasualStudent

HSC
I'm gonna start Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Medical Science next year and whilst picking my units, it was stated that for BIOL1008 and other Biology-related units for the Medical Science stream, it's highly advised to do a Bio bridging course first. I did Bio in Y11 and dropped it in Y12 and kept Phys and Chem instead. Do you guys think it's necessary for a Bio bridging course to be completed for this double degree?

On the main page of Med Science, Bio isn't a prerequisite hence why I didn't keep it.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm gonna start Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Medical Science next year and whilst picking my units, it was stated that for BIOL1008 and other Biology-related units for the Medical Science stream, it's highly advised to do a Bio bridging course first. I did Bio in Y11 and dropped it in Y12 and kept Phys and Chem instead. Do you guys think it's necessary for a Bio bridging course to be completed for this double degree?

On the main page of Med Science, Bio isn't a prerequisite hence why I didn't keep it.
You've done a whole year of it anyway. Really I don't see a need to do a bridging course. Plus Biology I don't think is that conceptually demanding compared to other subjects so you should be okay imo.

andrew12678

HSC
I did the old version of BIOL1008 which was known as BIOL1003 without doing HSC Bio (I did Prelim like yourself). I did fine without the bridging course and would have done much better if I had a better group presentation (got dragged down by some freeloaders). You will be taught everything in the course that you can get assessed on. That being said, it is a lot of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)