Exam paranoia (1 Viewer)

idkkdi

HSC
Here's the thing. I don't worry about exams coming up too much, nor do I worry about not knowing enough.

But, after exams, all hell breaks loose. Way too much dwelling and trying to calculate my marks.

Anyone got some godly tips for not falling into this loop, without just gaming/eating the anticipation away?

studiesofboard

HSC
Hopefully this helps you :)

- meditation (head space app)
- get some good rest
- take a walk or any form of exercise (helps release endorphins which will help put you in a positive mindset)
- think about positive memories/experiences
- watch movies/tv shows that you like or you find funny
- listen to some chill music (lo-fi hip hop is good)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Hmm, I've sworn I've heard this before.

Thing is, this statement from someone like you would be the LAST thing I would hear from you.
Don't check google classroom if they give your marks online, go for a walk or something. *Bribe your teacher with Toilet Paper*. However, the best tip I can give has a long nap and dream that you get full marks in everything. But after doing an exam, you would justify how well you do without knowing your mark? (I did everything to a great level, I can get full marks or I didn't complete all the questions, so x marks would be lost).

In all honesty, you're smart and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Just let your brain take the driver's seat here.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
lol i'm completely the opposite- before exams i get sooooooo nervous to a point where my hand shakes so much when i write and then after the exam i just forget it and tell myself 'it's done and dusted, there's nothing i can do now"

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
To avoid dwelling- don't discuss the questions with your peers after the exam. Leave the hall straight away and go home. It's hard because everyone is eager to know how they went but it only brings more bad than good. There are people who come out of the exam hall all smiles and then do badly, and there are others who come out with mixed emotions and do really well. It's all a façade. Not worth your worries.
To try stop calculating your marks- Try to not remember the exam questions and how much they're worth. That way you can't calculate anything.

skiddys

HSC
One big thing is to just accept that there's not really anything you can do about what's happened in the exam. If your friends are the type that encourages calculating marks and talking about questions and stuff after the exam, then stay away from them after the exam.

I always have such a good post-exam experience cause a friend and I have a routine of treating ourselves to something right after the exam. It'll take your mind off it and also you'll get a reward for finishing!

idkkdi

HSC
Hmm, I've sworn I've heard this before.

Thing is, this statement from someone like you would be the LAST thing I would hear from you.
Don't check google classroom if they give your marks online, go for a walk or something. *Bribe your teacher with Toilet Paper*. However, the best tip I can give has a long nap and dream that you get full marks in everything. But after doing an exam, you would justify how well you do without knowing your mark? (I did everything to a great level, I can get full marks or I didn't complete all the questions, so x marks would be lost).

In all honesty, you're smart and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Just let your brain take the driver's seat here.
lol i'm completely the opposite- before exams i get sooooooo nervous to a point where my hand shakes so much when i write and then after the exam i just forget it and tell myself 'it's done and dusted, there's nothing i can do now"
One big thing is to just accept that there's not really anything you can do about what's happened in the exam. If your friends are the type that encourages calculating marks and talking about questions and stuff after the exam, then stay away from them after the exam.

I always have such a good post-exam experience cause a friend and I have a routine of treating ourselves to something right after the exam. It'll take your mind off it and also you'll get a reward for finishing!
Here's the thing. When you aim too high, paranoia about making a single silly mistake gets horrendous. The difference between is a rank 1, 2 scenario, in which case, if you're ultra-competitive type A, you will neck yourself over it and not accept that its done and dusted but rather consider what you should have done. Simply walking away from listening to things does not work because you're too consumed by the marks and you have to listen in. It's not a question about whether you do well, but rather how well you do.

Lmao, maybe I should run a marathon after exams. That way, I will be so exhausted that I can't think about anything LOL.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Here's the thing. When you aim too high, paranoia about making a single silly mistake gets horrendous. The difference between is a rank 1, 2 scenario, in which case, if you're ultra-competitive type A, you will neck yourself over it and not accept that its done and dusted but rather consider what you should have done. Simply walking away from listening to things does not work because you're too consumed by the marks and you have to listen in. It's not a question about whether you do well, but rather how well you do.

Lmao, maybe I should run a marathon after exams. That way, I will be so exhausted that I can't think about anything LOL.
Wow. But hey, with the notes I uploaded y'all can do well. Do you like the Chemistry notes B1 and B2? If I were you, missing #1 would be a bummer but hey second fiddle isn't too bad right?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A

Well it seems as though you're focused on beating everyone else and coming first, when really you should be focusing on what YOU do. The ranks will follow. Remember that not being first doesn't mean you're not good enough. Only one person can get that spot.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
IF is a dangerous word. If i had done that if only i had done this... aNYThiNG can be done if we keep on saying if. If you keep on having the 'if' mindset, you'll always feel hopeless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)