How do you think you will go for English Adv trials? (1 Viewer)

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
Thoughts about English Adv trials? What questions do you think will come?

vinlatte

HSC
Thoughts about English Adv trials? What questions do you think will come?
I just got my results back, I did my trials early. And I definitely didn't study enough and it showed.

The questions are very similar to past hsc exams in terms of the prompts of themes. Make sure you have enough notes about different themes!

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
I just got my results back, I did my trials early. And I definitely didn't study enough and it showed.

The questions are very similar to past hsc exams in terms of the prompts of themes. Make sure you have enough notes about different themes!
Were the questions generally concerned with singular themes or were they more broad?

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A

Oh, what type of questions and what are your tips for English Adv trials?

vinlatte

HSC
Were the questions generally concerned with singular themes or were they more broad?
Some were singular themes, others are a given statement in which you would have discuss how it relates to the text .

vinlatte

HSC
Oh, what type of questions and what are your tips for English Adv trials?
Like I replied to another user, it's usually themes or a quoted statement.

What I wish I have done, which would've helped is writing more. Practicing handwriting under timed conditions and extend writing into more details.

I'm more of a STEM student (with only math), so I tend to be concise and direct which doesn't help for english. Stating and providing examples does show some understanding, but explaining depth to show the level of understanding is key!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad

Hey, firstly, congrats on finishing your trials. If you don't mind me asking, which trial paper did you do? (I mean in terms of brand/paper type, was it Catholic, Independent etc?)

samparkinsonn

HSC
N/A
I've got the catholic papers for my trials. English Paper 1 on Monday, Paper 2 on tuesday. I have done the absolute bare minimum study and don't know where to start. My texts are the merchant of venice(CM), Mrs dalloway/the hours(MA), T.s eliot poetry(MB), and then Nam le love and honour(MC)

Can anyone give tips or links to good resources/notes? Thanks!

vinlatte

HSC
Hey, firstly, congrats on finishing your trials. If you don't mind me asking, which trial paper did you do? (I mean in terms of brand/paper type, was it Catholic, Independent etc?)
I don't know? My school is public and they purchase the trial papers from an exam seller or something. Usually our trials are more difficult than the hsc? I'm still not sure lol

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know? My school is public and they purchase the trial papers from an exam seller or something. Usually our trials are more difficult than the hsc? I'm still not sure lol

Haha all good, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)