possibility to get a good atar with okay internal marks, low scaled subjects and bad cohort? (1 Viewer)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
subjects like industrial technology, CAFS, English Standard, information and digital technology

for my CAFS and English standard I averaged between 80-88% until I bombed the trials and HSC exam which is both 50%+ and 70+ respectively. (My schools is doing a thing called compressed curriculum, which is doing three subjects in year 11 and another three in year 12), for both these subjects half of my class is doing bad and are getting hsc marks like 60s and 50s.

I was able to get an average more than 80% for my Modern history and my teacher told me that I'm first in the rankings. My Legals Studies, wasn't so good. I got a 50% for my first assessment due to some really stupid reasons. Looked at my feedback after the assessment mark and saw the teacher crossed out more than half of my responses was disastrous and felt like to self-loathing and depressed, I kept on aiming for more than 80s but found myself lower than it because of any reasons. Information and digital technology is the only subject that I haven't receive any internal marks (because it's just the trials and the hsc exam)

I just want an atar of 80+ ,is there any good chances that I can get over it with the external HSC exam for Legal Studies, Modern History and IDT?

isaezra

HSC
I honestly have no idea if you'll get an 80 (just bc I don't know about your specific subjects/your high school) but lets just say that you don't;

UNSW has just lost 25.1% of their students bc of covid, so their 80 entry score for arts (assumed based on your subjects) will almost definitely go down. Even if it doesn't, you can do arts at Monash, UOW, or UTS with a 75, they're all good unis so transferring to UNSW from there after a semester is a realistic option.
Even if you totally bomb, there are still good options in Sydney, Notre Dame is 70, Western Sydney and Charles Sturt are 65, and ACU is 63

Reguardless of where you end up, you'll get to go to a uni with cool people, and you'll get a degree that'll let you follow a career you like and find rewarding. Try not to stress too much about what you're doing wrong, or what you need to do, just focus on doing your best. It'll be more than enough

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I honestly have no idea if you'll get an 80 (just bc I don't know about your specific subjects/your high school) but lets just say that you don't;

UNSW has just lost 25.1% of their students bc of covid, so their 80 entry score for arts (assumed based on your subjects) will almost definitely go down. Even if it doesn't, you can do arts at Monash, UOW, or UTS with a 75, they're all good unis so transferring to UNSW from there after a semester is a realistic option.
Even if you totally bomb, there are still good options in Sydney, Notre Dame is 70, Western Sydney and Charles Sturt are 65, and ACU is 63

Reguardless of where you end up, you'll get to go to a uni with cool people, and you'll get a degree that'll let you follow a career you like and find rewarding. Try not to stress too much about what you're doing wrong, or what you need to do, just focus on doing your best. It'll be more than enough
Thank you, I'll continue do what I can

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Universities rely partly on international student funding, and due to COVID-19, they haven't received as many students as usual. You can probably expect some reduced ATARs or 'exemption' things being implemented, if it hasn't already.

Good luck to your studies.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Universities rely partly on international student funding, and due to COVID-19, they haven't received as many students as usual. You can probably expect some reduced ATARs or 'exemption' things being implemented, if it hasn't already.

Good luck to your studies.
thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)