ATAR Estimation please (1 Viewer)

shaffy33

HSC
Hey all, just hoping to get an ATAR estimation.
Here are my subjects: (task 1) (task 3) (Ranking after 1st tasks only available) Task 2 could not happen due to COVID so weighting of all other tasks went up. I go to a school ranked 89 in the state, generally, our assessments are bit harder that's what everyone says though.

English Standard:- 55%, 65% (53/145)
Maths STD 2:- 60%, 70% (103/145)
Economics:- 90%, 75% (4/20)
Legal studies:- 75%, 75% (77/89)
IPT:- 75%, 70% (10/20)
Business:- 50%, 70% (83/121)

After the completion after Task 3, my ranks would have improved significantly as now I am much above the average mark fro the subject while after Task 1 I was below average. I can still drop a subject deciding between IPT and Business, will see after trials as well.

Thank you

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
70s-80s

Would say 78.

Ur school rank is not that bad, but those ranks are mediocre. Eco Carries you but we need to know how many B6 Students in those courses.

Last edited:

shaffy33

HSC
Thanks for the reply Velocifire, much appreciate it, would you recommend me to drop a subject at this stage or stick with the 12 units as the HSC is less then 2 months away. I am aiming for an ATAR of 80+

studiesofboard

HSC
That's a massive improvement in Business Studies. Also, check out the atar calculators but check a few as they are not fully accurate.

shaffy33

HSC
Oh ok, thanks, Studiesofboard will check them, I have checked a few are these calculated updated according to the new syllabus as Talent 100 still refers it as General 2 Maths instead of Standard 2.
I personally don't mind business studies, but I feel IPT to be dry and boring for some reason.

studiesofboard

HSC
Oh ok, thanks, Studiesofboard will check them, I have checked a few are these calculated updated according to the new syllabus as Talent 100 still refers it as General 2 Maths instead of Standard 2.
I personally don't mind business studies, but I feel IPT to be dry and boring for some reason.
I also do IPT and yeah it's kind of boring like It has no use for me after school and what I am going to study.

shaffy33

HSC
Oh, ok thanks man, A lot of people told me Talent 100 is not that accurate compared to other calculaters and that it does not have the new syllabus.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Oh, ok thanks man, A lot of people told me Talent 100 is not that accurate compared to other calculaters and that it does not have the new syllabus.
I prefer hsc ninja but I took into account like ur ranks and school rank

shaffy33

HSC
Oh ok, I see, do you reckon its possible for me to get an ATAR above 80 is that stretching things and above my reach??

shaffy33

HSC
Hopefully, the HSC markers are bit lenient this year and I perform well in the exam, been a pretty shit year, no formals, parents not coming to the graduation ceremony, time off school due to COVID...

beetree1

HSC
HSC markers won't take into account covid etc, because it would be unfair for future years and make the final process of uni applications accumulate to higher entry scores so there is no point in them doing that. I also personally think that yes, we should be allowed to celebrate our finishing of 13 years of school but it is not essential, and we should be grateful that they are letting us do exams in the first place and not making us repeat a year lmao

I would recommend dropping to 10 units at this stage considering you only have (maybe trials) and HSC left so there is no point in keeping your extra course that won't count to your hsc. Looking at your marks, I would say drop Standard 2

shaffy33

HSC
HSC markers won't take into account covid etc, because it would be unfair for future years and make the final process of uni applications accumulate to higher entry scores so there is no point in them doing that. I also personally think that yes, we should be allowed to celebrate our finishing of 13 years of school but it is not essential, and we should be grateful that they are letting us do exams in the first place and not making us repeat a year lmao

I would recommend dropping to 10 units at this stage considering you only have (maybe trials) and HSC left so there is no point in keeping your extra course that won't count to your hsc. Looking at your marks, I would say drop Standard 2
Hmm so you suggest I drop STD 2 I am deciding to drop either IPT or business, After trials are done, will review all my subject performances and finalise which one to drop. Well, you see beetree1 I kinda already repeated 😂 as I was overseas for a few years, I was meant to graduate in 2019 so despite doing an extra year of high school and everything being cancelled, you get a bit annoyed. Still looking at the positives though!

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Hmm so you suggest I drop STD 2 I am deciding to drop either IPT or business, After trials are done, will review all my subject performances and finalise which one to drop. Well, you see beetree1 I kinda already repeated 😂 as I was overseas for a few years, I was meant to graduate in 2019 so despite doing an extra year of high school and everything being cancelled, you get a bit annoyed. Still looking at the positives though!
so how old ru?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)