validation post for me and those people in the same boat as me who have given up on year 11 and prelims (1 Viewer)

HSC
>be me
>get 5 test results back and get below average or average for all of them
>proceed to mess up sleep to the point of no return and sleep in all my classes
>realise i have no real clue whats going on in any of my subjects
>only has 2 days to study for each subject for prelims
>has given up on year 11 and decides to wing all my prelims
>hoping i can redeem myself in year 12

but for now i have accepted the fact that my semester 2 report will significantly disappoint my parents and that ill be getting below average for the subjects i dont get tutored for and mediocre/average at best for the subjects i do get tutored for . it doesnt help that my parents r shelling out ~$5k for my tutoring too LOL fml

ellyisnthere

HSC
i'm literally just procrastinating in people's forums rn because i've ruined my sleep schedule (and not by studying lol).
in my second week, kinda wack how I still have like 2 exams left :")) I'll just sit in a state of denial that this term counts as yr 12 <3 i feel u buddy, let's do better for next year !! ;w;

HSC
yeah same dude my sleep is legit ruined :( also wtf ?? so ur prelims go towards ur year 12 report bc this term counts as yr 12? thats kinda a fat rip ): and yeah im like banking on me getting my life together during the holidays so i can do better in the hsc ahaha

ellyisnthere

HSC
everyone in my school's been telling me this technically counts as yr 12. dunno what to think of that given my late submissions of assessment tasks whoops </33 hoping the energy in this community might make me pull together some decent habits b4 then hehe

HSC
ohh wtf? no i dont think anything from year 11 counts to year 12 or at least not for us. it just doenst make sense to me for prelims to count to yr 12 but if it does for u guys then damn thats hella unlucky :/ n yeah hahaha this place lowkey makes me feel kinda motivated too

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
yeah same dude my sleep is legit ruined :( also wtf ?? so ur prelims go towards ur year 12 report bc this term counts as yr 12? thats kinda a fat rip ): and yeah im like banking on me getting my life together during the holidays so i can do better in the hsc ahaha
[/QUOTE

1. here is the best place to get them! i personally don't like taking notes because i find that i end up just copying straight from the textbook and realise i wasted 2 hours after the fact, so i just look at other people's notes and read the textbook + DO PRACTICE QUESTIONS/PAPERS. practice questions is what i spend 95% of my time on during study instead of writing/revising notes
2. if you really want to understand a topic, hand write your notes. but if you just need brief notes or something just type them up
3. base your notes off the syllabus. for chemistry, our teacher gave us a checklist for each module about what the syllabus wants from us and it's very helpful so i just made my own for biology (i don't really need notes at all for my other subjects). also past papers are really important

of course the best way to study is different for everyone, for me i prefer to do practice questions because i think there's no point writing your own notes if you have 1. extensive "notes" in your textbook already, 2. resources from your school+other schools+BOS, and 3. a way to consolidate your knowledge and check that you can apply that knowledge you've acquired thru textbook+other people's notes (ie practice questions). but definitely by year 12 you should have your study habits ironed down bc year 11 is a time to experiment with study methods imo
Do you need you to help you? It helped me with my lack of motivation.

Last edited:

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
>be me

but for now i have accepted the fact that my semester 2 report will significantly disappoint my parents and that ill be getting below average for the subjects i dont get tutored for and mediocre/average at best for the subjects i do get tutored for . it doesnt help that my parents r shelling out ~$5k for my tutoring too LOL fml
Advice would be to figure out in the holidays how you’re going to tackle Year 12, this could mean figuring out a timetable for example. I’m not one to make predictions or assumptions all the time but I’d assume your time management is a bit down the dumps 😂, so perhaps considering a method you could use to manage your time better may not only help in HSC but in the long run.

tito981

HSC
Advice would be to figure out in the holidays how you’re going to tackle Year 12, this could mean figuring out a timetable for example. I’m not one to make predictions or assumptions all the time but I’d assume your time management is a bit down the dumps 😂, so perhaps considering a method you could use to manage your time better may not only help in HSC but in the long run.
To add to this, if you feel like you have done all you can, it is probably your approach to things that’s letting you down. It could also come down to the fact you may not be disciplined in your studies. So small reachable goals allow you to build momentum and see what you are achieving which will hopefully motivate you further.

exojun

HSC
It's okay!! It may feel terrible right now and you probably won't be able to use these marks for early entry into uni courses or international universities but other than that year 12 is like a fresh new start.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
>be me

Have you ever had your IQ measured

claudiflower

HSC
We should make a discord server of everyone who is currently failing prelims lmaooo - oOH! and we can of course make our comebacks next year in a major way all together ;)

claudiflower

HSC
wait whA??? IT DOES??? i thought it started term 4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)