Business Essay Predictions (1 Viewer)

shashysha

HSC
Anyone got any ideas on what they think the HSC essays will be this year? I'm feeling global influences on finance / HR for some reason. I'd love marketing but doubt they'll give it 3 years in a row

mmmm.

HSC
I just don't want it to be HRM, because i find it more easy to make up case studies for the other 3 topics. BTW r u guys memorising case studies or just making it up? and do you think it will be better to memorise case studies?

shashysha

HSC
I just don't want it to be HRM, because i find it more easy to make up case studies for the other 3 topics. BTW r u guys memorising case studies or just making it up? and do you think it will be better to memorise case studies?
I'll probably memories a few case studies but I made every single case study in my trial and it went very well somehow. I think if anything I make stats up more because I doubt the markers are gonna check however they gotta sound realistic

shashysha

HSC
but yeah HRM is so hard to bs compared to the other three topics so i hope theyll chuck it in the report

Vitrecan

HSC
One of my teachers said that the HSC was made at the end of last year. So the questions were predetermined before COVID-19 happened.

mmmm.

HSC
I doubt the markers are gonna check however they gotta sound realistic
Yh, my teacher said that you can make up case studies, however they have to sound realistic, so that markers know that you understand what you're talking about

studiesofboard

HSC
Yh, my teacher said that you can make up case studies, however they have to sound realistic, so that markers know that you understand what you're talking about
That's what my teacher said lol. I mean why not make up cases. I make up shit all the time in exams and that gets me by. :)

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
I'll probably memories a few case studies but I made every single case study in my trial and it went very well somehow. I think if anything I make stats up more because I doubt the markers are gonna check however they gotta sound realistic
hahah same, I made all my case studies up on the spot and it actually worked out well as i made it seem legit. With my friend though he got marked down because he was using "fake" case studies and that was because he made them seem so fake. So be WARNED, if you are going to make case studies up please make them sound legit (maybe throw in some fake percentages like i did in the trials ie. by implementing this strategy Company X was able to boost sales by X amount)!!

shashysha

HSC
hahah same, I made all my case studies up on the spot and it actually worked out well as i made it seem legit. With my friend though he got marked down because he was using "fake" case studies and that was because he made them seem so fake. So be WARNED, if you are going to make case studies up please make them sound legit (maybe throw in some fake percentages like i did in the trials ie. by implementing this strategy Company X was able to boost sales by X amount)!!
yeah i love making up some BS financial ratio stats like 'X business's turnover ratio improved by 12 days through blah blah' I think it's something that's overlooked when people make up stats and lowkey carried my trial essay. but mann if we get HR essay then that'll be tough

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
if the two essay options this year are HR and finance I will simply exit the exam room. really don't like writing essays for these two. operations is k. marketing is beautiful I will always pick the marketing option if there is one

shashysha

HSC
if the two essay options this year are HR and finance I will simply exit the exam room. really don't like writing essays for these two. operations is k. marketing is beautiful I will always pick the marketing option if there is one
I straight fully relate to this. The 2018 and 2019 HSC essays were both marketing and finance and I don't think they'll test the same topics 3 years in a row, meaning it might hopefully be operations and HR. But then again I'm not the exam writers so I'm still praying for marketing option lol

shashysha

HSC
kinda stupid question about making up case studies - do you just write 'Company X' or do you like make up a name for it?
also those of you who said making them up worked well in the trials, did you just carry that same case study example that you made up throughout the entire essay section? - i didn't word that very well. I know that either way you need to carry your case study throughout the essay but do you just stick to the 'company X did this...' throughout?
I make up stats but not company names, but if I did I would just do some obscure name and say its a local company to make it seem legit, cause company X seems dodgy as lol

mmmm.

HSC
Yh, i made up case studies and called them Bob's burgers and toms tacos

thatgaegoth

HSC
If there's a God I will pray to them that the essay and BS Report questions aren't about finance, it's my worst section and seems confusing to me

sarah10123

HSC
i have a strange feeling the report is going to be finance and have like an income statement that we have to assess and suggest strategies to improve whatever it is that needs improving but i really REALLY hope its not

shashysha

HSC
i have a strange feeling the report is going to be finance and have like an income statement that we have to assess and suggest strategies to improve whatever it is that needs improving but i really REALLY hope its not
i pray you are wrong but if it is then ill cry

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
also can you guys help me make a final decision whether to learn a case study or just make it up in the exam
it's better to learn at least a few case studies per module, bullshitting isn't recommended

if you've got time then have real case studies prepared!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
also can you guys help me make a final decision whether to learn a case study or just make it up in the exam
I suggest to learn one or two case studies in detail so that you can apply them to your question, and worst case scenario, if you forget them, just make it up but as everyone else mentioned, make it sound realistic and don't just describe, but explain how and link back to the question so it sounds legitimate. All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)