Year 11 subject selections (1 Viewer)

Quantum_Legacy

HSC
So i have intentions to study in the medical field and for that i already chose my subjects these is what i chose.

Advanced English
Advanced Maths
Extension Maths
Bio
Chem
Modern History
1 Unit Studies of Religion

Are these subjects good? Im also stressed that if i for some reason dont make medicine what can i do with these subjects?

idkkdi

HSC
So i have intentions to study in the medical field and for that i already chose my subjects these is what i chose.

Advanced English
Advanced Maths
Extension Maths
Bio
Chem
Modern History
1 Unit Studies of Religion

Are these subjects good? Im also stressed that if i for some reason dont make medicine what can i do with these subjects?
Subjects are there to be learnt not necessarily there for you to specifically do anything with them.

considering u want med, triple science might be a better option cuz some med fields have quite a bit of physics.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
those were basically my subjects except I did Business instead of Modern. I believe your subject choices are appropriate for med, since you've got math, bio and chem on the list, but honestly you shouldn't worry about this too much. to get into med you need a high ATAR first and foremost, which you can achieve with any combination of subjects. if you don't make it into medicine, there's heapsss of things you can look into with those subjects, it's not medicine or nothing. it can be smart to take subjects that relate to your chosen career path, but like don't think you can't study law if you didn't take legal studies, although the background knowledge it gives you can prove beneficial

your subjects are great for medicine but don't think your options are limited because you took some subjects and not others

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Your subjects are completely fine for medicine, and they will be fine for most uni courses. Your subject choice doesn't matter as much as you probably think it does. Even if a course requires phys you can just do a bridging course. If you want to do medicine, the main thing to do now is research. Also, if you don't make medicine first try, you have other pathways into medicine so don't give up if you truly want to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)