HSC Extension 1 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

black.mamba

HSC
and then they are scaled again against all courses for an aggregate mark which determines atar?
scaled marks are determiened by uac, who use your top 10 units for scaled mark to determine your atar. a scaled mark of 90 in mx2 is equivalent to a scaled mark of 90 in maths standard.

aligned marks are calculated separately by nesa, who assign a certain level of achievement in a subject as band 6 (aligned 90), band 5, etc. aligned marks of 90 in mx2 and maths standard, for example, have very different scaled marks

Xanthi

HSC
I think an 80 raw mark B6 cut off is a bit high... Most years it's around 73-77 and this exam was pretty difficult considering Q14
In my opinion the q14 trig was somewhat more straightforward than last year's hence the increased cutoff? The binomial was would be relatively challenging and accounted for in my question band judgement.

black.mamba

HSC
scaled marks are determiened by uac, who use your top 10 units for scaled mark to determine your atar. a scaled mark of 90 in mx2 is equivalent to a scaled mark of 90 in maths standard.

aligned marks are calculated separately by nesa, who assign a certain level of achievement in a subject as band 6 (aligned 90), band 5, etc. aligned marks of 90 in mx2 and maths standard, for example, have very different scaled marks
so pretty much aligned marks arent used to calculate your atar, but they are the only marks we receive, hence atar calcs convert your combination of aligned marks to an estimated atar

Fabrizio

HSC
so pretty much aligned marks arent used to calculate your atar, but they are the only marks we receive, hence atar calcs convert your combination of aligned marks to an estimated atar
Not going to lie this whole year i have been putting in raw marks, when my atar would actually be like 3% higher with aligned marks

大きい男

HSC
did anyone actually get more than 50% of Q14?
I think I got 10/15. In my opinion, 14a was quite disappointing - they have done questions like that before and it honestly seemed a bit lazy. 14b, however, was a nice one, even though it was probably easier (unless you don't do 4U or haven't practiced those questions)

NoUsername

HSC
did anyone actually get more than 50% of Q14?
I did, I was able to do everything for the trig identity question and I think it's all correct. I think I only did half of part iv of the combinatorics, but that is hopefully only 1 mark lost for question 14. I think I also lost a mark for the f(x)=g(x) question because I just said if f'(x)=g'(x), then the functions are separated by a constant and I just subbed in 1, and since that was equal said the constant was 0 =_=

JaidynK99

HSC
I did, I was able to do everything for the trig identity question and I think it's all correct. I think I only did half of part iv of the combinatorics, but that is hopefully only 1 mark lost for question 14. I think I also lost a mark for the f(x)=g(x) question because I just said if f'(x)=g'(x), then the functions are separated by a constant and I just subbed in 1, and since that was equal said the constant was 0 =_=
ohh bro, unlucky there

thomson2354

HSC
yeah haha me too... i feel like crying
I'm going to cry because I just realised that I made a stupid mistake in the volume question by using the auxiliary angle for finding the intersection... even tho I did all the integration correct, because I wasn't thinking I'm now gonna lose like 3 marks RIP..

JaidynK99

HSC
I'm going to cry because I just realised that I made a stupid mistake in the volume question by using the auxiliary angle for finding the intersection... even tho I did all the integration correct, because I wasn't thinking I'm now gonna lose like 3 marks RIP..
haha, wasn't the intersection at like Pi/3? or Pi/6? or something? one of those

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)