Medicine Entry (2 Viewers)

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Yeah, but I mean 90th percentile is still way higher than my score. I've thrown out any hope, so I am just waiting for the official rejection.
Oh well haha. If you had a really good application they may still consider you, but below 90th percentile sadly isn't competitive enough to expect an interview. It might be wise to change your preferences : (

Tantrrsh

HSC
some uni's take ATAR only, but normally those get mid 99's and above since some people flunk ucat.
Yep. But honestly I know how competitive it is, and anyone who gets an amazing ucat and atar is awesome - they deserve their place. That's not me, and I'm okay with it. Mostly because I am not certain I want to pursue medicine. So I was just wanting to offically get an outcome and then move on.

Tantrrsh

HSC
Oh well haha. If you had a really good application they may still consider you, but below 90th percentile sadly isn't competitive enough to expect an interview. It might be wise to change your preferences : (
Yeah for sure. I've already gotten my acceptance into another uni, so I'm completely fine! Btw a ucat over 3000 is seriously amazing!! Congrats

dumNerd

HSC
I used MedEntry to help me study, it was super helpful and I only wish I'd studied from further out... I was so clueless about University I didn't even know the UCAT was a thing until about April... honestly, studying from a year out instead of like 3 would have been amazing haha.
Wait so which course did you get, just the platform or like preparation courses?

Last edited:

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Wait so which course did you get, just the platform or like preparation courses?
I got the second lowest package, both platform and prep courses w/ a discount because I had friends who also wanted the same package. 20% off or something idk.
However, I feel like the course didn't benefit me fully because I hadn't used the platform beforehand. Honestly did 95% of my learning off of the platform, especially all the drills they have.
Personally would recommend the platform 100%, not too sure about the courses though, especially for the 200 odd dollars they cost. If you do get the courses though, make sure you give yourself time to familiarize yourself with the structure of the UCAT and practice skills beforehand to maximise skills.
I just wish I'd known all this like a year and a half ago haha maybe then I could have got like 3200

dumNerd

HSC
I got the second lowest package, both platform and prep courses w/ a discount because I had friends who also wanted the same package. 20% off or something idk.
However, I feel like the course didn't benefit me fully because I hadn't used the platform beforehand. Honestly did 95% of my learning off of the platform, especially all the drills they have.
Personally would recommend the platform 100%, not too sure about the courses though, especially for the 200 odd dollars they cost. If you do get the courses though, make sure you give yourself time to familiarize yourself with the structure of the UCAT and practice skills beforehand to maximise skills.
I just wish I'd known all this like a year and a half ago haha maybe then I could have got like 3200
so do you recommend just getting the platform (cheapest one) or the middle one which has a two day seminar

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
so do you recommend just getting the platform (cheapest one) or the middle one which has a two day seminar
I would recommend just the platform personally.
But by all means get the extra 2 day seminar if you don’t feel confident enough

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Imagine wanting to do Med lol
FINALLY
found my soul mate :devil:
Yeah true, many don’t really have a self-interest for it, mostly for the PPP.

Pay
Prestige
Parents

These guys are the 1% that wants to do it on their own accord and I support and endorse that 100%.

And mainly why people that I know that get ATARs of 99+ screw up in the interview process. They can’t think for themselves about their careers and need Mommy and Daddy’s hand to help them articulate their motives for pursuing Medicine.

dumNerd

HSC
I would recommend just the platform personally.
But by all means get the extra 2 day seminar if you don’t feel confident enough
does the seminar actually help like is there any point in it sorry for the questions lol and GL for chem

idkkdi

HSC
LMAO THIS IS STRAIGHT FUCKING FACTS BRO. SOME OF MY FRIENDS DIDN't EVEN PICK WHAT TUTORING THEY GONNA GO TO AND THEY REALLY DO BE PAYING LIKE 3000$ every year till 10 for tutoring and now like 10000$ every year for like 3 years like bruh! No wonder top selective schools get good
only 10k? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)