What HSC subjects do future doctors choose in Australia? (1 Viewer)

Anonnnnnymous

HSC
so why not keep the maths so it lessens the english impact?
Since ext 1 is my 11th unit, it only counts half to my ATAR and HSC so even if I did exceptionally well but had bad english marks, it wouldnt be enough. I confirmed with 2 ATAR calculators as well

idkkdi

HSC
Since ext 1 is my 11th unit, it only counts half to my ATAR and HSC so even if I did exceptionally well but had bad english marks, it wouldnt be enough. I confirmed with 2 ATAR calculators as well
just wondering, do you know what ATAR you need for med?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Yeah but ending up with 10 units and english being fully counted is much worse.

it doesn't hurt to play it slightly safer.

Anonnnnnymous

HSC
450 pages a textbook. textbook x 3. and you actually have to remember things to quite a bit of detail.
Yeah but like alot of the pages are investigations which could be considered "irrelevant" and the rest is explanation. Its not TOO much?

Anonnnnnymous

HSC
Yeah but ending up with 10 units and english being fully counted is much worse.

it doesn't hurt to play it slightly safer.
But dont they take all your 2 units of english anyways? and therefore another subject will be halved instead

idkkdi

HSC
(bare minimum) 96 - 99
bare minimum is more like 99, excluding UCAT only offers. and that means in triple science u would have to score ~95, going off me assuming your English would be at low band 6 assuming a good scenario. Triple science per se isn't that bad. Scoring mid band 6 in each is tough.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
bare minimum is more like 99, excluding UCAT only offers. and that means in triple science u would have to score ~95, going off me assuming your English would be at low band 6 assuming a good scenario. Triple science per say isn't that bad. Scoring mid band 6 in each is tough.
Guess we have to go the @Speed’o’sound Sonic route for Newcastle

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
bare minimum is more like 99, excluding UCAT only offers. and that means in triple science u would have to score ~95, going off me assuming your English would be at low band 6 assuming a good scenario. Triple science per say isn't that bad. Scoring mid band 6 in each is tough.
Yeah doing 4U maths could take a lot of the pressure of triple science off. I dropped bio and things are a lot easier now - just if you do drop one, make sure it’s the right one! I wish I’d dropped Chem instead but rushed myself and made the wrong decision. A 99 ATAR really is ideal if you want to get into med, at least for the bigger uni’s like UNSW, Monash, Newie at the like.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
it's actually stupendously difficult to make med in the mainstream unis. USYD undergrad, guaranteed postgrad is 99.95. UNSW has a median atar of 99.6 iirc.
Median ATAR for UNSW last year was 99.2 with a median UCAT of like 2950... it’s a VERY tough course to get into. That’s the goal though 😂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)