Medicine Entry (1 Viewer)

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Hi, I'm sorry to bother you but I was hoping you could help me figure this out. So when Newcastle gave out their offers for interviews, was it based solely on ucat score? no other factors?
Yeah round 1 was based purely on UCAT this year :) unless they took like your address into account or something lol

Tantrrsh

HSC
Yeah round 1 was based purely on UCAT this year :) unless they took like your address into account or something lol
Okay, that's what I thought but I'm honestly just confused right now. So I know I have no chance of getting in - my ucat was 2580. But a person I know got offered an interview with a ucat of 2540. I really thought that you would need at minimum 2800. How did they get an offer with a lower ucat?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Okay, that's what I thought but I'm honestly just confused right now. So I know I have no chance of getting in - my ucat was 2580. But a person I know got offered an interview with a ucat of 2540. I really thought that you would need at minimum 2800. How did they get an offer with a lower ucat?
If they applied for the Rural scheme, lost time in the exam or got a super high SJ score that MIGHT affect how they were selected. Other than that maybe they have a relative in the selection board 😂

Tantrrsh

HSC
If they applied for the Rural scheme, lost time in the exam or got a super high SJ score that MIGHT affect how they were selected. Other than that maybe they have a relative in the selection board 😂
Okay. Well I know they got ~600 in the SJ. Yeah that's probably it. 😂 Ah well. I was just really surprised.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Okay. Well I know they got ~600 in the SJ. Yeah that's probably it. 😂 Ah well. I was just really surprised.
Yeah well Newcastle application didn’t really have anything on it other than ucat Id and basic details. Maybe they got interview because they submitted super early. Who knows.

Tantrrsh

HSC
Yeah well Newcastle application didn’t really have anything on it other than ucat Id and basic details. Maybe they got interview because they submitted super early. Who knows.
Yeah, because they said to me - maybe my application was better than yours. I'm like, the application didn't have any questions or anything about yourself ... Who knows

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Yeah, because they said to me - maybe my application was better than yours. I'm like, the application didn't have any questions or anything about yourself ... Who knows
Yeah it legit just had basic contact details in it. Almost seems sus to me 😂

大きい男

HSC
Must be a rural or indigenous applicant. For standard applicants it's always a 90%ile cutoff

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Here it is - my rejection -

"Unfortunately, your UCAT aggregate score was below the cut-point for selection to interview and as such your application cannot be considered further. The standard UCAT cut point for entry 2021 was an aggregate score of 2980."

Ah well. At least I tried
U did your best keep ya head high lad gj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)