How often is a course filled in Round 1 offers? (1 Viewer)

S_Sh

HSC
Hey all, I was undertaking in an online course to fulfil a maths prerequisite for a degree I wanted to do (Bachelor of Commerce at USYD).

I was curious on the chances that there will be spots AFTER round 1 offers? I should fulfil the prerequisite before round 2 offers are made. I already have a condition offer from their E12 program (securing me a place as long as I meet the maths prerequisite). As soon as I meet the prerequisite, and assuming there are vacancies, will I be give an unconditional offer?

Let me know if you would like clarification

quickoats

HSC
Not sure about the specifics on the E12 conditional offer, but courses like commerce don't really have caps so they'd definitely have vacancies after round 1.

S_Sh

HSC
Not sure about the specifics on the E12 conditional offer, but courses like commerce don't really have caps so they'd definitely have vacancies after round 1.
When you say caps, as in a maximum number of students that can apply for the course?

Also thanks for your response :).

quickoats

HSC
When you say caps, as in a maximum number of students that can apply for the course?

Also thanks for your response :).
Caps as in “the max that can be admitted into a course”. Things like medicine/dentistry are capped as they are constrained by the amount of dental chairs/hospital positions. Everyone can apply to them, just that everyone won’t get in.

Things like commerce wouldn’t be capped like that since a) it’s a big money maker for the uni and b) no real physical constraints unlike the above. The line is usually drawn at an arbitrary ATAR rather than the ATAR of the last student to fit in the student quota.

c8

HSC
Hey all, I was undertaking in an online course to fulfil a maths prerequisite for a degree I wanted to do (Bachelor of Commerce at USYD).

I was curious on the chances that there will be spots AFTER round 1 offers? I should fulfil the prerequisite before round 2 offers are made. I already have a condition offer from their E12 program (securing me a place as long as I meet the maths prerequisite). As soon as I meet the prerequisite, and assuming there are vacancies, will I be give an unconditional offer?

Let me know if you would like clarification

I'm curious to know if conditional offers such as e12 are made in the second round after atars are received. Not exactly sure what you mean by round 2, ie is this december round 2 or january round 2 or the second round after atars are released? One of the conditions of e12 is that you have the course preferenced by the first round after atars are released (december round 2) but not sure if you need to have fulfilled the math prerequisite for an offer to be made so this is certainly a unique situation

c8

HSC
I would just contact usyd directly to get a confirmed answer, possibly even try and get it in writing should you not receive an offer so that you are able to enquire about it

quickoats

HSC
If you get the ATAR (non E12) then you’re pretty much entitled a spot. Only issue is if you’re in the E12 range but below the normal cutoff because the E12 scheme only be for one round (certain fine print rules idk the specifics but like you can only get one e12 offer so it’s not as “loose” as the main offers)

Reactions: c8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)