How to Study Well (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
Hey everyone

So this year im accelerating chem and ecos, and next year I'm planning to do ext 1 and 2 but i want to get it all done by around this time next year, How do you guys recommend I go about studying for these to maximise marks (mid/high band 6s) ? What tips, tricks and resources do you have that worked for you? And also, how to you retain info the best?

thanksssss!

HSC
N/A
You need to be well organised, focused and willing to put in effort. If you’re referring to maths, then you need to make sure you have a thorough understanding of all concepts and attempt to complete as many past papers as well as papers from other schools. This will help you as you will be exposed to the different kinds of questions that could appear in your HSC exam. To retain info, I would try to go over content regularly.

idkkdi

HSC
Hey everyone

So this year im accelerating chem and ecos, and next year I'm planning to do ext 1 and 2 but i want to get it all done by around this time next year, How do you guys recommend I go about studying for these to maximise marks (mid/high band 6s) ? What tips, tricks and resources do you have that worked for you? And also, how to you retain info the best?

thanksssss!
IDoubtYouWillGetItDoneButGoodLuckLol.

idkkdi

HSC
Hey everyone

thanksssss!
RatherThanDoingSoMuchMaths,Consider:
1.GrindingYourAccelSubjects
2.MakingSureYouCanMake4UIfThereIsACutoff
3.LearningY113Uwell.
ThenGoAhead.

Jojofelyx

HSC
RatherThanDoingSoMuchMaths,Consider:
1.GrindingYourAccelSubjects
2.MakingSureYouCanMake4UIfThereIsACutoff
3.LearningY113Uwell.
ThenGoAhead.
ahah is your spacebar broken? also yeah I've almost finished chem and ecos in these holidays but I'm concerned about maths, mainly cuz I was never too gifted but through grinding it out I got decent marks, so I just wanna find efficiencies in how I study from now on in (economies of scale you could say)

idkkdi

HSC
ahah is your spacebar broken? also yeah I've almost finished chem and ecos in these holidays but I'm concerned about maths, mainly cuz I was never too gifted but through grinding it out I got decent marks, so I just wanna find efficiencies in how I study from now on in (economies of scale you could say)
Yes.ThisLaptopHasABrokenSpacebar.

IDKHowToStudyMathsEfficientlyLol.
@Qeru ProvideSomeAdviceLad.

tito981

HSC
Be careful of where you allocate your time, because even though a mid to high e4 in ext 2 is desirable the effect of scaling becomes less and less iirc 94 in ext 2 scales to a 99.95. Therefore your time is better spent on weaker or worse scaling subjects.

Jojofelyx

HSC
Be careful of where you allocate your time, because even though a mid to high e4 in ext 2 is desirable the effect of scaling becomes less and less iirc 94 in ext 2 scales to a 99.95. Therefore your time is better spent on weaker or worse scaling subjects.
How/where did you find out that a 94 ext 2 scales to 99.95? it'd be a great resource for people check their goals with.

Qeru

HSC
wdym 99.95 thats an atar? As for scaling a 94 scales to rougly 97-98 looking at previous years so many try to get low to mid 80s for 4U since moderation bumps their mark up significantly.

Jojofelyx

HSC
wdym 99.95 thats an atar? As for scaling a 94 scales to rougly 97-98 looking at previous years so many try to get low to mid 80s for 4U since moderation bumps their mark up significantly.
isn't it alignment which bumps up the marks? or have I got the concept completely wrong from rawmarks?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
isn't it alignment which bumps up the marks? or have I got the concept completely wrong from rawmarks?
Yeah it is. Historically students have always called it scaling for some reason when really it’s alignment.

Jojofelyx

HSC
Yeah it is. Historically students have always called it scaling for some reason when really it’s alignment.
from what I know, scaling pretty much for all subjects spare a small handful, makes the mark lower, but people say it" scales up" when in reality its just scaled higher comparatively to other subjects. Anyway that's beside the point lol

tito981

HSC
no i mean a hsc mark of 94 will get you a 99.95 provided that all your other subjects give you 99.95 atar equivalent.

Qeru

HSC
You can get a 99.95 for lower 4u marks as well? Try putting 80 for 4u and 98 for everything else (for eng,chem,phys,3u) in any atar calculator

Jojofelyx

HSC
You can get a 99.95 for lower 4u marks as well? Try putting 80 for 4u and 98 for everything else (for eng,chem,phys,3u) in any atar calculator
Yes, that statement didn't make sense(as in the 99.95 from 94 in 4U) , but I'm pretty sure its based off like "if you get 94 then you're 'x' percentile of people, and this certain percentile gets 99.95 atar" ? idk just tryna make some sense of it,

idkkdi

HSC
Yes, that statement didn't make sense(as in the 99.95 from 94 in 4U) , but I'm pretty sure its based off like "if you get 94 then you're 'x' percentile of people, and this certain percentile gets 99.95 atar" ? idk just tryna make some sense of it,
94 HSC mark for 4u after scaling = x.

x * 5 /500 = y/500 aggregate = 99.95 percentile
is what he means.

tho i don't think 94 in recent yrs is enough. dunno. whatever.

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
Wtf lucky as shit, my school doesn't allow a single good accell subject and you can literally finish your bloody hsc before it starts, can someone explain how the hell this is fair
because accelerants generally do 'bad' in their subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)