Medical Science (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
OH WAIT IT SAYS I GOT ENROLLED BUT REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES ARE CLOSED AND NO MORE CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE 😱😱
Looks like you'll need to wait till 10th February 2021.

Don't stress they'll let you enrol into classes and they'll probably add more tutorials/lectures/practicals given you are enrolling in first year subjects.

anon2017

HSC
Wait you know the 2000 and 3000 units arent they for year 2 and 3? Why are they in blue and why are the session options like so for ex MEDI310P = '2021 Session 2, North ryde, Day' literally as the only availability ¿¿¿
Generally, you do 2000 in 2nd year and 3000 in 3rd year. You can vary this a bit if you meet prerequisites though. BUT -- the reason you are seeing this "2021 Session 2, North Ryde, Day" is because it is showing the availability of that unit for 2021. It is listed on your study planner as you need to complete it to complete your degree, and it is showing you the availability for the upcoming year. When it comes to enrolling for 2022, it will update and show you availability for 2022 semesters/locations. Etc.

OH WAIT IT SAYS I GOT ENROLLED BUT REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES ARE CLOSED AND NO MORE CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE 😱😱
Yep, enrolling in units and registering for classes are two separate processes. Class registration is not open yet. You'll probably get an email close to when registration opens reminding you and telling you what to do, otherwise dates and tutorials are online :) When it comes time to register, it may occur that all classes will appear as full. If this happens, don't worry. The course co-ordinators add more classes when this happens to ensure all students who need to complete the unit are able to.

HSC
Hey just a quick question, since class registration will be open in around 3 days. If I register in the classes yet receive a more desirable offer would I be able to 'un-register' (ig) and un-enrol?

Time&moretime

HSC
YEP THANK YOU!!! And I am aiming for Doctor of Medicine! I'm looking through their yt channel now!
I know very little about the Doctor of Medicine at Macquarie. I'm not applying for the course. I'm just interested to know more about the faculty (just curious). Also your plans on how you are going to aim for Med. :)

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Look at the MD fees that Macquarie charges lol
Also note that MQ’s website (https://www.mq.edu.au/about/about-t...lth-sciences/macquarie-md/clinical-placements) lists its clinical schools/teaching hospitals as Hyderabad, India and Royal North Shore Hospital. Since RNS already has a significant student population from Sydney Medical School (USyd), my guess is that MQ students should be prepared to spend a significant proportion of their time in India - not sure how this will play out with current limitations to international travel due to COVID, although I guess clinical placements are still two years into the future for first intake students.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also note that MQ’s website (https://www.mq.edu.au/about/about-t...lth-sciences/macquarie-md/clinical-placements) lists its clinical schools/teaching hospitals as Hyderabad, India and Royal North Shore Hospital. Since RNS already has a significant student population from Sydney Medical School (USyd), my guess is that MQ students should be prepared to spend a significant proportion of their time in India - not sure how this will play out with current limitations to international travel due to COVID, although I guess clinical placements are still two years into the future for first intake students.
From the above link
"Our Australian clinical learning environments include MQ Health, the Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) and the MindSpot Clinic. Your international experience is predominately within the Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad, India."

Given that Macquarie's right next door to its hospital, i.e MQ Health I am sure that clinical placements will not be seriously impacted. A bit disingenuous not to have included Macquarie University's hospital.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
From the above link
"Our Australian clinical learning environments include MQ Health, the Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) and the MindSpot Clinic. Your international experience is predominately within the Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad, India."

Given that Macquarie's right next door to its hospital, i.e MQ Health I am sure that clinical placements will not be seriously impacted. A bit disingenuous not to have included Macquarie University's hospital.
My apologies. I actually only skim read it as Mindspot Clinic for mental health as I scrolled down which I realise now is my mistake (I wouldn’t have provided the link if I’d been trying to mislead students). I realise it’s alphabetical, but it’s strange that the webpage should list an Indian hospital first & Mindspot second. Perhaps the web page should list its major affiliation with MQH first and also specifically refer to Macquarie University Hospital (which I genuinely didn’t know existed) as it does to Royal North Shore Hospital. Even so, unless MUH has an obstetrics ward (not listed as a service), adding an entire medical school cohort to the existing USyd med cohort & midwifery nursing students from other unis to RNSH may impact on whether/how students will be able to fulfil their obstetrics quota requirements.

Last edited:
HSC
I know very little about the Doctor of Medicine at Macquarie. I'm not applying for the course. I'm just interested to know more about the faculty (just curious). Also your plans on how you are going to aim for Med. :)
Hahahaha I don't plan to do Doctor of Med at MQ. 😂 I'm still contemplating on either USYD, Monash and a few others

HSC
I'm aiming to do medicine so I'm not ready to be picky about anything xD. And imo I think it would be quite the experience (The India clinical placement) :inlove: Although, again, I don't plan to do Medicine at MQ.

HSC
From the above link

Hahahahaha welp there you go (for some reason the word disingenuous sounds fancy 🧐)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
My apologies. I actually only skim read it as Mindspot Clinic for mental health as I scrolled down which I realise now is my mistake (I wouldn’t have provided the link if I’d been trying to mislead students). I realise it’s alphabetical, but it’s strange that the webpage should list an Indian hospital first & Mindspot second. Perhaps the web page should list its major affiliation with MQH first and also specifically refer to Macquarie University Hospital (which I genuinely didn’t know existed) as it does to Royal North Shore Hospital. Even so, unless MUH has an obstetrics ward (not listed as a service), adding an entire medical school cohort to the existing USyd med cohort & midwifery nursing students from other unis to RNSH may impact on whether/how students will be able to fulfil their obstetrics quota requirements.

That's alright.
Hahahahaha welp there you go (for some reason the word disingenuous sounds fancy 🧐)
Indubitably so ;)

HSC
Hey sounds overrated but try ringing the University.

Macquarie's pretty good if you ring them, otherwise, try and go in (to muse) and speak to a student advisor.
I actually did! They were really nice and helpful! Hahahaha to muse xD

HSC
Oops I thought it was a continuation of the use of fancý words. Oh and when would one be able to pick up their student card? I want to get everything sorted asap.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Oops I thought it was a continuation of the use of fancý words. Oh and when would one be able to pick up their student card? I want to get everything sorted asap.
Pretty sure student connect is open now (in muse) during the week, so you can pick up it then.

You may require ID/enrollment forms but can't remember off the top of my head.

HSC
Pretty sure student connect is open now (in muse) during the week, so you can pick up it then.

You may require ID/enrollment forms but can't remember off the top of my head.
Okay! Much appreciated! I'll also do my part by looking into the details!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)