99.95 ATAR (1 Viewer)

Luke322

HSC
Hey guys,

What marks do you think I have to get to get a 99.95?

I'm accelerated and got 94 in 4u, 96 in 3u maths already. I'm doing economics, modern history and english this year. What marks and ranks do you think I have to get considering I'm in a top 30 school?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
HSCninja says you'd need about 96 in the subjects you're currently doing to secure a 99.95 ATAR.

Not too sure about ranks, although the higher you rank the better the effect it has on your ATAR. Since you go to a top 30 school maybe top 3-5 in every subject can get you there?

YonOra

HSC
First off, I wish you the best of luck. This is a club that isn't very inviting of new members.

Congrats on your mathematics results. They're definitely putting you on the right track.

I'm inclined to say you should rank first in both Eco and Modern. I really try to maintain that myself because i don't have enough faith in my peers to get a really high HSC mark which is what i'm looking for, despite, like you, being in a top 30ish school.

However, I'd say if you're top 3 in English you'd be sweet. But i say this from personal experience. I know there's a couple students in my year who are absolute guns, and will blitz the HSC exam. Meaning if i maintain my high rank, I'm going to get a great internal mark.

So it's about strategy. Pick your battles. But really, for a 99.95 theres room for very little error.

So moral is closer to rank 1, closer to 99.95 you'll be.

Luke322

HSC
Ok thanks guys. My school generally does pretty well in English. In 2019 rank 7 got 97 scaled mark so hopefully top 10 for me will be okay.

Luke322

HSC
First off, I wish you the best of luck. This is a club that isn't very inviting of new members.

Congrats on your mathematics results. They're definitely putting you on the right track.

I'm inclined to say you should rank first in both Eco and Modern. I really try to maintain that myself because i don't have enough faith in my peers to get a really high HSC mark which is what i'm looking for, despite, like you, being in a top 30ish school.

However, I'd say if you're top 3 in English you'd be sweet. But i say this from personal experience. I know there's a couple students in my year who are absolute guns, and will blitz the HSC exam. Meaning if i maintain my high rank, I'm going to get a great internal mark.

So it's about strategy. Pick your battles. But really, for a 99.95 theres room for very little error.

So moral is closer to rank 1, closer to 99.95 you'll be.
Yeah I'm aiming for 1st in eco and top 3 in modern. Especially for eco since last year even though a kid got 99 raw in trials (rank 3 overall) he only got 91 scaled externally for HSC so 1st is the only safe spot

dasfas

HSC
Ok thanks guys. My school generally does pretty well in English. In 2019 rank 7 got 97 scaled mark so hopefully top 10 for me will be okay.
Uh isn't 97 scaled state rank

YonOra

HSC
Yeah I'm aiming for 1st in eco and top 3 in modern. Especially for eco since last year even though a kid got 99 raw in trials (rank 3 overall) he only got 91 scaled externally for HSC so 1st is the only safe spot
Yeah cool, but you should analyse your class' performance, not previous years. Although both give you a decent idea.

Luke322

HSC
Yeah sure. Are you rank 1 in eco in your school?

idkkdi

HSC
Hey guys,

What marks do you think I have to get to get a 99.95?

I'm accelerated and got 94 in 4u, 96 in 3u maths already. I'm doing economics, modern history and english this year. What marks and ranks do you think I have to get considering I'm in a top 30 school?
personally would prefer higher maths scores, because English lol.

assuming you don't retake the courses, 97 with maybe a 96 mixed in is perhaps a safe bet.
but i wouldn't bet on english.

Luke322

HSC
personally would prefer higher maths scores, because English lol.

assuming you don't retake the courses, 97 with maybe a 96 mixed in is perhaps a safe bet.
but i wouldn't bet on english.
Yeah english is my problem

Luke322

HSC
yeah but its pretty different topics for 4u and 3u and don't wanna take away time from English gotta really focus on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)