New Syllabus = Memorising Imaginatives? (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
Is the only way for students to get high marks in an imaginative through memorisation?

If so what do students memorise that allows them to adapt it to the question?

Thanks in advance fellow BoSers!

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I'll probably have two pieces (one imaginative and one persuasive since they're the extremes) up my sleeve under the umbrella of the power of words since that's essentially the focus of the module, with links to the short texts we studied in class. Even if the question turns out to be inflexible, find a way to force feed the good sentences with some tweaking and hope for the best.

AKONS

HSC
Thats what I did for trials. I memorised 2 discursive and persuasive essays each, as well as a couple really nice and creative phrases.

On the day of the exam I wasn’t able to write down exactly what I remembered as the essay question was different, but instead I was able to write a really beautiful combination of everything I memorised.

and it worked out well in my favour! I
I'll probably have two pieces (one imaginative and one persuasive since they're the extremes) up my sleeve under the umbrella of the power of words since that's essentially the focus of the module, with links to the short texts we studied in class. Even if the question turns out to be inflexible, find a way to force feed the good sentences with some tweaking and hope for the best.
Thank you deadofwrite and B1andB2 for your quick responses. I'm honestly surprised this is what it takes to do well in Mod C. Does NESA really expect us to come up with band 6 responses off the cuff?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Thank you deadofwrite and B1andB2 for your quick responses. I'm honestly surprised this is what it takes to do well in Mod C. Does NESA really expect us to come up with band 6 responses off the cuff?
your response for mod C doesn't have to be a band 6 level for you to get a band 6 in english. The other modules can definitely compensate for a mark that's not as good in mod C, so i don't think it's too much to worry about it. A lot of students will have a significantly weaker mod C response anyway.

idkkdi

HSC
Is the only way for students to get high marks in an imaginative through memorisation?

If so what do students memorise that allows them to adapt it to the question?

Thanks in advance fellow BoSers!
off the cuff is definitely doable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)