Advice? Atar prediction (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster:

Hi
i am just stuck at home clueless about what I should do
My target atar is around 85 but I am worried for that as my school marks have been pretty bad.
What would be my predicted atar if I continue how I am doing if:
English adv: 15/45
Math 2U: 10/30
Eco: 5/10
Physics: 5/11
Chem: 2/11

Also what would I need to do in trials and HSC to achieve my target?
Your ranks in Mathematics Advanced and Chemistry look pretty good so far in terms of your ATAR goal. It might be a bit harder to estimate an ATAR if you don't provide an overview of your marks in addition to your ranks, as those can give a better idea of your performance, resulting in a more informed ATAR prediction.

As a start, you should do your best to maintain your good ranks in 2U and Chemistry as you are already on track for your desired ATAR in terms of those 2 subjects, which implies performing to the best of your abilities in your trial and HSC exams.

Your rank for English Advanced is not bad either, as you're in the top 33% of your cohort and this might also be consistent with your 85 ATAR goal. It would definitely be good to focus on English as you approach your trial and HSC exams as rank improvements in English as well as a good performance at the HSC exam can be highly beneficial and bring you closer to your goal. Revise your studied texts and techniques, go through your notes, seek further feedback for your essays/analyses from your teacher, and so on.

Economics and Physics are the more concerning subjects in my opinion because you're ranked in the middle of your cohort, as opposed to the rest of your subjects. That, of course, doesn't mean you can't do anything to improve your position. You should focus on both of these subjects going into your trial and HSC exams and must try to perform to the best of your abilities. Doing so in your trial exam will likely allow you to improve your rank, leading to a better final rank and with a good performance at the HSC exam, you will maximise your chances of achieving your target ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Luke322

HSC
Hey,
Prediction?
English Adv: 10/94 (School does very well in English)
Math 3U: 96
Maths 4U: 94
Physics: 91
Economics: 5/60

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,
Prediction?
English Adv: 10/94 (School does very well in English)
Math 3U: 96
Maths 4U: 94
Physics: 91
Economics: 5/60
Considering the HSC subjects which you have already completed, your rank in English Advanced and the fact that your school cohort performs very well in English, as well as your rank in Economics, I believe you could be looking at an ATAR in the high 98 or low 99 range.

Luke322

HSC
Considering the HSC subjects which you have already completed, your rank in English Advanced and the fact that your school cohort performs very well in English, as well as your rank in Economics, I believe you could be looking at an ATAR in the high 98 or low 99 range.
If I can do well enough in HSC externals, do you think I could get a 99.7-.8 with like a 96 in English and Eco

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If I can do well enough in HSC externals, do you think I could get a 99.7-.8 with like a 96 in English and Eco
I think that is definitely possible. My initial estimate was based on the assumption that you would end up with a final mark of 90 for both English Advanced and Economics, but if you can achieve a 96 in your HSC exams for both of them, then that would maximise your chances of getting an ATAR in the 99.7-99.8 region without a doubt.

Luke322

HSC
I think that is definitely possible. My initial estimate was based on the assumption that you would end up with a final mark of 90 for both English Advanced and Economics, but if you can achieve a 96 in your HSC exams for both of them, then that would maximise your chances of getting an ATAR in the 99.7-99.8 region without a doubt.
Yeah cause top 10 in English generally get 95's and higher in my school whilst in economics, if I can do well enough in externals and with an internal of 92-93 I should be able to get there

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah cause top 10 in English generally get 95's and higher in my school whilst in economics, if I can do well enough in externals and with an internal of 92-93 I should be able to get there
Yeah that makes sense, hopefully that ends up being the case for English then 🙏 For Economics, assuming that your cohort is also academically capable, I believe your current rank would be high enough for an internal mark in that range. What would be left in that case is doing well in your HSC exam as you mentioned. Hopefully everything goes your way! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)