Hoping for a 91-94 atar :/ (1 Viewer)

arfried

HSC
i hope you're all doing well during lockdown, and appreciate any responses i get!

soo i've finished my trials, and after receiving some marks, i'm feeling really mixed abt it; sitting on low 90s for modern history and english, was on track for 95+ for sor2 but mc qs stuffed me up and i got low 80s haha. math standard was a high 70 :/ and bio was abysmal; i got 61 hahahaaaaa (few ppl got below 50 and highest was an 80 by an ex-compression but i was ranked last for bio before trials :( )

currently; these are my average marks/ranks:
my school is in the top 35 btw

english adv: 87 (top 15 out of 40)
bio: 65 (def bottom 10 out of 49)
math standard: 79 (20 out of 35)
sor2: 85 (10 out of 30)
modern: 88 (5 out of 10)

i'm really hoping for an atar between 91-94, but I'm feeling it's becoming unrealistic but i want to give it one last shot; i don't want to write a sob story abt covid but has definitely played a factor in my results and could've done better.

so, to any graduates, experts or ppl in a similar scenario, what would be my best course of action to take from here? is it still realistic to look out for a 90+ atar?

really grateful for any responses

vishnay

God
HSC
i hope you're all doing well during lockdown, and appreciate any responses i get!

soo i've finished my trials, and after receiving some marks, i'm feeling really mixed abt it; sitting on low 90s for modern history and english, was on track for 95+ for sor2 but mc qs stuffed me up and i got low 80s haha. math standard was a high 70 :/ and bio was abysmal; i got 61 hahahaaaaa (few ppl got below 50 and highest was an 80 by an ex-compression but i was ranked last for bio before trials :( )

currently; these are my average marks/ranks:
my school is in the top 35 btw

english adv: 87 (top 15 out of 40)
bio: 65 (def bottom 10 out of 49)
math standard: 79 (20 out of 35)
sor2: 85 (10 out of 30)
modern: 88 (5 out of 10)

i'm really hoping for an atar between 91-94, but I'm feeling it's becoming unrealistic but i want to give it one last shot; i don't want to write a sob story abt covid but has definitely played a factor in my results and could've done better.

so, to any graduates, experts or ppl in a similar scenario, what would be my best course of action to take from here? is it still realistic to look out for a 90+ atar?

really grateful for any responses
need no of b6's achieved at school last yr for a more accurate estimate but i would say it could fluctuate anywhere between 85-90 depending on externals

arfried

HSC
need no of b6's achieved at school last yr for a more accurate estimate but i would say it could fluctuate anywhere between 85-90 depending on externals
english adv had 8 in 2019
maths had 12 in 2019
modern is a new course so no previous stats
sor2 had 5
bio had 12

icycledough

HSC
english adv had 8 in 2019
maths had 12 in 2019
modern is a new course so no previous stats
sor2 had 5
bio had 12
Well, by looking at these figures you provided and your results, using your current ranks, they wouldn't put you in a Band 6 position at the moment. However, you still have 50% of your entire HSC still yet to do. That's the best chance to perform well in those, and hopefully get moderation for your internal marks to get those Band 6 results you want.

arfried

HSC
Well, by looking at these figures you provided and your results, using your current ranks, they wouldn't put you in a Band 6 position at the moment. However, you still have 50% of your entire HSC still yet to do. That's the best chance to perform well in those, and hopefully get moderation for your internal marks to get those Band 6 results you want.
appreciate it :)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It may not be as high as 94+ ATAR but there is still the possibility to get 90+. This however, means you need to do pretty well in the externals. Since you have 10 units and biology will count it's important you improve this mark as it is significantly lower than the others and so will drag you down at the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)